  1. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    how can i disable the windows xp black startup splash screen?

    Shawn, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Shawn

    old jon Guest

    "Shawn" <> wrote in message
    news:z_2Ie.215323$_o.114126@attbi_s71...
    > how can i disable the windows xp black startup splash screen?

    You can`t Shawn.

    old jon, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Shawn

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:44:15 GMT, "Shawn" <> wrote:

    >how can i disable the windows xp black startup splash screen?

    Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Edit. Edit BOOT.INI. Add "/SOS" right after
    "/fastdetect" with a space between. The line will look something like this:

    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /SOS. When you're finished.
    The first part, multi(0)..... may not be the same on your machine. Upon restarting, the splash screen will be gone. It
    can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.

    Harrison, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Shawn

    Guest

    , Aug 3, 2005
  5. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    didnt work, i just finished reformatting my harddrive and reinstalling
    everything because when i did as you said, my computer wouldnt boot past a
    screen saying something about my system, such as having winxp sp2 and how
    much memory i have
    im going to live with the slow startup screen, better than reformatting
    again

    Shawn, Aug 4, 2005
  6. Shawn

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 02:03:44 GMT, "Shawn" <> wrote:

    >didnt work, i just finished reformatting my harddrive and reinstalling
    >everything because when i did as you said, my computer wouldnt boot past a
    >screen saying something about my system, such as having winxp sp2 and how
    >much memory i have
    >im going to live with the slow startup screen, better than reformatting
    >again
    >
    ><Harrison> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:44:15 GMT, "Shawn" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>how can i disable the windows xp black startup splash screen?
    >>>

    >> Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Edit.
    >> Edit BOOT.INI. Add "/SOS" right after
    >> "/fastdetect" with a space between. The line will look something like
    >> this:
    >>
    >> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
    >> Professional" /fastdetect /SOS. When you're finished.
    >> The first part, multi(0)..... may not be the same on your machine. Upon
    >> restarting, the splash screen will be gone. It
    >> can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.

    The machine is going to start just as slowly with or without the splash screen.
    Sorry you wrecked the machine. I merely imparted information freely available on the web.
    You could have used fixboot to restore the boot sector and would not have had to reformat.

    Harrison, Aug 4, 2005
  7. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    no big deal, thanks for trying to help, reformatting isnt that hard to do,
    thankfully i had made back up disks of my stuff the day before

    Shawn, Aug 4, 2005