    out.

    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

    DL, Dec 17, 2006

  2. DL

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

    pcbutts1, Dec 17, 2006

  3. DL

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: "DL"
    <> wrote:

    > I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
    > own.

    Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices. Select "Sounds" tab.

    In "Program events:" window, find "Start Windows", "Exit Windows",
    "Windows Login" and "Windows Logoff" and assign them either no sound, or
    one more to your liking.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Dec 17, 2006
  4. DL

    John Holmes Guest

    DL "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi,
    > I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
    > own. How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
    > when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo
    > system, but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music
    > when I login and out.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Dave

    start>settings>cuntrol panel>sounds and audio devices>sound tab

    --
    You bizarre basin of infested pig droppings.

    John Holmes, Dec 17, 2006
  5. DL

    DL Guest

    Okay, thanks. Now that I have that done on my user login, I notice that
    other logins in my family still have the sounds. Is that the way it should
    be? Or do I need to do the same from all logins? (multi-user-login XP-pro
    system)

    Thanks again in advance,
    Dave

    DL, Dec 17, 2006
  6. DL

    Lookout Guest

    My guess would be to log on to each account and do the same thing.

    Lookout, Dec 18, 2006
  7. pcbutts1 aka in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk <>
    on 12/17/2006 after much thought,came up with this jewel:

    > Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

    Before listening to pcbutthead,read through these gems-

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/09/07/I-do-believe-PCB
    UTTS1-has-finally-lost-the-plot.aspx

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/11/10/272921.aspx

    http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?p=10097