    the console ports only (no need for telnet or ssh).

    Thanks,
    , Mar 5, 2007

  2. aniss Guest

    no line vty 0 4

    aniss, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thank you,

    On Mar 5, 2:39 pm, "aniss" <> wrote:
    > no line vty 0 4
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hello,

    > > I am not used to working with cisco 26XX series routers. Is there an
    > > easy way to turn off the telnet server? I have read the manuals and
    > > it looks like the easiest way is to write an access list. I am used
    > > to equipment supporting a way to turn off the telnet server using
    > > something like no telnet server. I will be managing the routers over
    > > the console ports only (no need for telnet or ssh).

    > > Thanks,
    , Mar 5, 2007
  4. Havoc 25 Guest

    line vty 0 4
    transport input none

    or
    transport input ssh

    if you want just ssh access

    regards,
    h.

    Havoc 25, Mar 6, 2007
  5. t0 Guest

    On Mar 6, 7:55 pm, "Havoc 25" <> wrote:
    > line vty 0 4
    > transport input none
    >
    > or
    > transport input ssh
    >
    > if you want just ssh access
    >
    > regards,
    > h.
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Thank you,

    > > On Mar 5, 2:39 pm, "aniss" <> wrote:
    > >> no line vty 0 4

    > >> <> wrote in message

    I would be an inefficient technical approach to disable telnet access
    on your router, the best is to leave it on, create and ACL for port 23
    allowing your management workstations and switches/routers within one
    hop (so you can shell from one to another if needed).

    peace
    t0
    t0, Mar 7, 2007