    close and restart. However, going back to the system configuration utility,
    startup tab, the items are still ticked?

    How do you completely disable them?

    Tim, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Tim

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tim tried to scribble ...

    > I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing in the
    > system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked the items,
    > applied, close and restart. However, going back to the system
    > configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still ticked?
    >
    > How do you completely disable them?

    That would depend upon the specific apps ... Some require a setting changing
    in their options or preferences, some require complete uninstallation, some
    won't stop loading at startup and are generally pains in the neck .. ;)

    Config.sys is really only a 'tool' for diagnosis and testing and shouldn't
    really be used to 'force' the startup list functions. Doing it this way can
    set up conflicts within some apps that want to start.

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Paul - xxx wrote:
    > Tim tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing in the
    >> system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked the items,
    >> applied, close and restart. However, going back to the system
    >> configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still ticked?
    >>
    >> How do you completely disable them?

    > That would depend upon the specific apps ...

    BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    Melissa J Crabbe, Aug 2, 2003
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    > That would depend upon the specific apps ... Some require a setting
    changing
    > in their options or preferences, some require complete uninstallation,

    some
    > won't stop loading at startup and are generally pains in the neck .. ;)
    >
    > Config.sys is really only a 'tool' for diagnosis and testing and shouldn't
    > really be used to 'force' the startup list functions. Doing it this way

    can
    > set up conflicts within some apps that want to start.
    >

    > --
    > ............................Paul - xxx
    > http://www.tvlicensing.biz/
    > Seti 1834 wu in 13977 hours
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

    The applications are completely uninstall and no longer used, yet it is
    still listed in the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY, STARTUP TAB.

    Tim, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Tim

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Melissa J Crabbe tried to scribble ...

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> Tim tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing in the
    >>> system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked the
    >>> items, applied, close and restart. However, going back to the system
    >>> configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still ticked?
    >>>
    >>> How do you completely disable them?

    >> That would depend upon the specific apps ...

    > BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    Agreed .. but as the OP is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    and is referring to the MS config utility I took a stab at guessing he's
    using a flavour of Windows .. ;)

    Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't hide the fact that you appear to be even
    less help than I in this matter .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 2, 2003
  6. Tim

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tim tried to scribble ...

    >> That would depend upon the specific apps ... Some require a setting
    >> changing in their options or preferences, some require complete
    >> uninstallation, some won't stop loading at startup and are generally
    >> pains in the neck .. ;)
    >>
    >> Config.sys is really only a 'tool' for diagnosis and testing and
    >> shouldn't really be used to 'force' the startup list functions.
    >> Doing it this way can set up conflicts within some apps that want to
    >> start.
    >>

    >> --
    >> ............................Paul - xxx
    >> http://www.tvlicensing.biz/
    >> Seti 1834 wu in 13977 hours
    >> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu
    >>

    > The applications are completely uninstall and no longer used, yet it
    > is still listed in the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY, STARTUP TAB.

    You may need to edit the registry then, or use a registry cleanup
    application ..

    I'd guess these apps were either not installed or uninstalled corectly. If
    so, they would normally be removed from the startup list at reboot.

    If you want to do a registry edit, then Start - run - type without quotes
    "regedit" enter

    Navigate to the following keys and delete the apps as required.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

    Please note that editing the registry, if done incorrectly, can seriously
    screw the computer. If you're in doubt about this then I suggest a registry
    cleaner such as 'EasyCleaner' http://www.saunalahti.fi/tonihele ... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 2, 2003
  7. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:10:52
    +0100, Paul - xxx uttered this:

    >Melissa J Crabbe tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> Paul - xxx wrote:
    >>> Tim tried to scribble ...

    >>> That would depend upon the specific apps ...

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    >Agreed .. but as the OP is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    >and is referring to the MS config utility I took a stab at guessing he's
    >using a flavour of Windows .. ;)
    >
    >Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't hide the fact that you appear to be even
    >less help than I in this matter .. ;)

    YHBT.
    It's k-hole posting from either http://80.65.224.85/ or dizum etc...

    --
    "It didn't show up on my radar"

    William Poaster, Aug 2, 2003
  8. Tim

    Paul - xxx Guest

    William Poaster tried to scribble ...

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 2 Aug 2003
    > 10:10:52 +0100, Paul - xxx uttered this:
    >
    >> Melissa J Crabbe tried to scribble ...

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    >> Agreed .. but as the OP is using Microsoft Outlook Express
    >> 6.00.2800.1158 and is referring to the MS config utility I took a
    >> stab at guessing he's using a flavour of Windows .. ;)
    >>
    >> Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't hide the fact that you appear to
    >> be even less help than I in this matter .. ;)

    > YHBT.
    > It's k-hole posting from either http://80.65.224.85/ or dizum etc...

    Yeah .. realised just as soon as I hit 'Send' .. ah well .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 2, 2003
  9. Paul - xxx wrote:

    > You may need to ... use a registry cleanup
    > application ..

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! And you're going to fix everything it fucks, aren't you?
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Melissa J Crabbe, Aug 2, 2003
  10. Tim

    Nada Mirijan Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    > Yeah .. realised just as soon as I hit 'Send' .. ah well .. ;)

    LOL - you fucking lying piece of shit.

    Nada Mirijan, Aug 2, 2003
  11. Tim

    TCEBob Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing

    in the
    > system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked

    the items,
    > applied, close and restart. However, going back to the

    system
    > configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still

    ticked?

    > How do you completely disable them?

    Get a startup utility. Try Starter (freeware):
    ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/micro/pc/simtelnet/win95/desktop/start561.zip
    (watch for word wrap)

    There are others.

    RS

    TCEBob, Aug 2, 2003
  12. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:bgfu57$85t$,
    Tim <> typed
    || I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing in the
    || system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked the
    || items, applied, close and restart. However, going back to the system
    || configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still ticked?
    || How do you completely disable them?

    You might try this little beauty:
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    In news:bgfu57$85t$,
    Tim <> typed

    Robert de Brus, Aug 2, 2003
  13. Tim

    Zermut Guest

    On 2 Aug 2003 11:02:05 +0200, "Melissa J Crabbe"
    <> scribbled the following:

    >Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> Tim tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> I've noticed that several programs in the startup listing in the
    >>> system configuration utility, are no longer used. Unticked the items,
    >>> applied, close and restart. However, going back to the system
    >>> configuration utility, startup tab, the items are still ticked?
    >>>
    >>> How do you completely disable them?

    >> That would depend upon the specific apps ...

    >BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    FOAD YOU LAMER!!!!!!!!!!

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    /'¯/)
    ,/¯ /
    / /
    /´¯ /' '/´¯¯ ·¸
    /'/ / / /¨ /¯\
    ('( ´ ´ ¯/' ')
    '\' \ _.·´
    \ (
    \ \

    Zermut

    Zermut, Aug 2, 2003
  14. Tim

    Zermut Guest

    On 2 Aug 2003 11:43:07 +0200, "Melissa J Crabbe"
    <> scribbled the following:

    >Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> Melissa J Crabbe tried to scribble ...

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    >> Agreed .. but as the OP is using Microsoft Outlook Express
    >> 6.00.2800.1158 and is referring to the MS config utility I took a
    >> stab at guessing he's using a flavour of Windows .. ;)

    >BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You lying fuckwit. He never mentioned msconfig, and you
    >mentioned "Config.sys is really only a 'tool'..." BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! He only
    >referred to the "system configuration utility," Your tiny brain assumed the
    >rest. And you said wrote config.sys BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    >
    >> Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't hide the fact that you appear to
    >> be even less help than I in this matter .. ;)

    >Ah, the old "An answer is an answer, no matter how fucked it is" lame.

    *plonk!*

    Zermut

    Zermut, Aug 2, 2003
  15. "Melissa J Crabbe" <> wrote:

    >Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> Melissa J Crabbe tried to scribble ...

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fuckwitted pillock. It also depends on his OS.

    >> Agreed .. but as the OP is using Microsoft Outlook Express
    >> 6.00.2800.1158 and is referring to the MS config utility I took a
    >> stab at guessing he's using a flavour of Windows .. ;)

    >BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You lying fuckwit. He never mentioned msconfig, and you
    >mentioned "Config.sys is really only a 'tool'..." BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! He only
    >referred to the "system configuration utility," Your tiny brain assumed the
    >rest. And you said wrote config.sys BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    >
    >> Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't hide the fact that you appear to
    >> be even less help than I in this matter .. ;)

    >Ah, the old "An answer is an answer, no matter how fucked it is" lame.

    Plese wot dose tsihe mene, yuo aer obsessed adn stpuid.:
    "And you said wrote config.sys BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"

    ??

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 2, 2003