Disable Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Michael McFadden, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. My FF browser has been stuck in safe mode for a few days now and it won't
    reset to its normal setting? What can I do?

    Michael McFadden, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Michael McFadden wrote:
    > My FF browser has been stuck in safe mode for a few days now and it won't
    > reset to its normal setting? What can I do?

    You don't mention your OS.

    If on XP, CTRL/Alt/Delete, and bring up Task Manager. Kill any running
    processes of firefox.exe you see.

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox

    Start in normal mode. Is is working?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Yes, I have XP and that worked like a charm. Many thanks

    Michael McFadden, Dec 10, 2005
  4. Michael McFadden

    6-d

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    having the same problem ctrl-alt-delete seems not to have worked

    Hi, I'm thankful that I found this thread. I'm having the same problem with Firefox 2. I've tried opening task manager and killing firefox.exe that way and it hasn't worked.

    Does anyone know of the solution? (I thought it was strange that searching for "safe mode" in firefox help yielded 0 results...) :s:

    6-d, Oct 26, 2006