    Thanks,
    Nickolas

    , Sep 19, 2006

  2. DWACON Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
    > way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
    > I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
    > wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
    > when I need to.
    > Any ideas?

    Glue thumbtacks (pointy side out) to the buttons.

    --
    Your parents take care of you until you're 21.
    The government takes care of you after you're 65.

    DWACON, Sep 19, 2006

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Sep 2006 17:08:25 -0700, wrote:

    >My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
    >way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
    >I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
    >wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
    >when I need to.
    >Any ideas?

    Not in Windows. Perhaps in your bios. Possibly you could disable the
    reset button, but not the power. You could possibly make it so you
    have to hold the power button in for <X> seconds.

    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  4. chuckie® Guest

    As a parent with two grown children, aged 25 & 27, I offer the following
    suggestion: just say NO! In my years, I have found that they can grasp
    that concept at a very young age and are very trainable. I know that
    nowadays, parents don't like to impede the child's inquisitiveness, however
    there are times, like this, that it does need to be impeded...luck...

    chuckie®, Sep 19, 2006
  5. x@y Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
    > way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
    > I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
    > wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
    > when I need to.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nickolas

    I think I saw Computer cases with a door that will lock
    the access to the Power switch and reset button.
    You have the key.

    Or have a rigid plastic cover taped 2"
    away from the buttons and You will have to stick Your finger
    behind the plastic to turn the Computer on.

    Another Option is to pull the Power Cord out from the Computer
    when not in use.

    Good Luck, x@y

    x@y, Sep 19, 2006