    and password. I am the only person using the pc. Is their a way to disable
    the login option so that windows can login without the need for username and
    password ?

    Pate, May 14, 2005

  2. Pate

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:46:05 GMT, "Pate" <> wrote:

    >I am using W98 SE2 when I start win98 it prompts for Enter network username
    >and password. I am the only person using the pc. Is their a way to disable
    >the login option so that windows can login without the need for username and
    >password ?

    How to Prevent a Windows 9x, Me Logon Prompt at Startup
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152104

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and make sure you have "Client for Microsoft
    Networks" installed with "Primary Network Logon" set to "Windows Logon".
    When the password box appears, enter your name, and leave the password blank. Click "OK". Do
    NOT close the window out any other way except "OK". If it asks to confirm the password,
    again, click "OK". The password box should not pop up again.

    Unk, May 14, 2005

  3. Pate

    Old Gringo Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:46:05 GMT, "Pate" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I am using W98 SE2 when I start win98 it prompts for Enter network username
    >>and password. I am the only person using the pc. Is their a way to disable
    >>the login option so that windows can login without the need for username and
    >>password ?
    >>

    > How to Prevent a Windows 9x, Me Logon Prompt at Startup
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152104
    >
    > Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and make sure you have "Client for Microsoft
    > Networks" installed with "Primary Network Logon" set to "Windows Logon".
    > When the password box appears, enter your name, and leave the password blank. Click "OK". Do
    > NOT close the window out any other way except "OK". If it asks to confirm the password,
    > again, click "OK". The password box should not pop up again.

    Thanks Unk, I used that one also. :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, May 15, 2005
  4. Pate

    Pate Guest

    Thank you.

    I have followed your advice and please to say it has worked.

    Once again I like thank you for your prompt advice.

    Pate, May 15, 2005
  5. Pate

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.