    Firefox?

    Thanks,
    John
    John, Nov 22, 2004

  2. John

    SightSeer Guest

    John wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to disable Midi files from automatically playing in
    > Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    Heck I want to get embedded midi files to play from web pages. So
    hopefully someone knows how to stop it so I can do the opposite.

    SS
    SightSeer, Nov 23, 2004

  3. John

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:26:04 -0500, in message
    <vrvod.40043$>, SightSeer wrote:

    > John wrote:
    > > Does anybody know how to disable Midi files from automatically playing in
    > > Firefox?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > John
    > >

    > Heck I want to get embedded midi files to play from web pages.

    Install a plug-in for midi files.
    Popular plug-ins: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/plugins.jsp
    Search for plug-ins: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/pi_search_pi.jsp

    Or enter the URL
    about:plugins
    and check out the links at the top of the page...
    | Find more information about browser plug-ins at _Netscape.com_.
    | Help for installing plug-ins is available from _plugindoc.mozdev.org_.

    > So
    > hopefully someone knows how to stop it so I can do the opposite.

    The OP only wants to stop MIDI files from _automatically_ playing.

    The OP could *uninstall* whichever MIDI plug-in(s) the OP has installed,
    but that would mean that MIDI files could not play at all, not even
    when the OP manually permits it.

    My guess (perhaps right, perhaps wrong) is that the OP wants something
    than leaves a placeholder which the OP can click to start playing the
    MIDI, similar to what the flash blocker ["http://flashblock.mozdev.org/"]
    does with Macromedia Flash content.

    --
    Cheers,