    Rickie Guest

    I would like to disable the icmp service on my Cisco router 805. Can anyone
    tell me how to do that or direct me to the correct website? Thanks.

    Rickie, Dec 10, 2003

  2. In article <br6i4o$rmq$>,
    Rickie <> wrote:
    :I would like to disable the icmp service on my Cisco router 805. Can anyone
    :tell me how to do that or direct me to the correct website? Thanks.

    Disabling icmp would disable MTU Path Discovery, which would not
    be good.

    You probably do not really want to disable all icmp processing on
    the 805: you probably -mostly- want to stop it from answering icmp
    echo from sites you don't know. That can be handled with an
    access list on the outside interface.
    --
    Feep if you love VT-52's.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 10, 2003