    they drive me nuts.
    could someone pls tell me how i can get rid of them ?

    thanks :)
    John, Jul 18, 2003

  2. > they drive me nuts.
    > could someone pls tell me how i can get rid of them ?

    Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
    We use and Recommend.

    FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    Pow: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm
    NoAds: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
    PopKi: http://ranfo.com/popki.html
    KillAd: http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc
    ClickOff: http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html
    PopupEraser: http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm
    PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
    PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
    Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
    AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
    Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
    PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html

    Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    popup stopper...

    AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    We use and Recommend.

    MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com

    Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    are there.

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 18, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    > > they drive me nuts.
    > > could someone pls tell me how i can get rid of them ?

    > Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
    > We use and Recommend.
    >
    > FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    > Pow: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm
    > NoAds: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
    > PopKi: http://ranfo.com/popki.html
    > KillAd: http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc
    > ClickOff: http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html
    > PopupEraser: http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm
    > PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
    > PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
    > Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
    > AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
    > Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
    > PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
    >
    > Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    > popup stopper...
    >
    > AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    > We use and Recommend.
    >
    > MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    > Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    > Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com
    >
    > Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    > popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    > I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    > are there.

    > Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.2ya.com
    > Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus.quantum.2ya.com
    > Freeware Site: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com
    > DATA Solutions: http://datasolutions.quantum.2ya.com
    >
    > If you truly want to contact me click the link
    > http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    whew that's quite a list.
    my default browser is crazybrowser and somehow flash popups on some sites
    have infiltrated their evil selves into the browser.
    i can't stand opera.
    i have tried proxomitron in the past and prefer to stay away.
    pow won't stop the flash popups; nor will popup stopper; nor will popup
    stopper companion pro.

    but i'll tuck away your answer and explore the other possibilities later
    today.
    thanks, i appreciate your help :)
    John, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Steven Pilbeam, Jul 18, 2003
  5. John

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, John mused:

    | but i'll tuck away your answer and explore the other possibilities later
    | today.

    I use AdShield, and love it. It only worked with IE, however. Whenever
    a flash popup comes up, I right click it, and select Add to Block List ...
    I never see it again.
    mhicaoidh, Jul 18, 2003
  6. John

    °Mike° Guest

    A combination of the following will stop all web pop-ups.

    Outpost firewall

    Proxomitron
    http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-19.html

    Proxomitron config files
    http://www.jd5000.net/

    Crazy Browser
    http://www.crazybrowser.com/

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:20:38 -0400, in
    <JCRRa.12627$>
    John scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003
  7. John

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003
  8. John

    trout Guest

    John wrote:
    <snip>

    > whew that's quite a list.
    > my default browser is crazybrowser and somehow flash popups on some
    > sites have infiltrated their evil selves into the browser.
    > i can't stand opera.
    > i have tried proxomitron in the past and prefer to stay away.
    > pow won't stop the flash popups; nor will popup stopper; nor will
    > popup stopper companion pro.
    >
    > but i'll tuck away your answer and explore the other possibilities
    > later today.
    > thanks, i appreciate your help :)

    Free Surfer mkII has the option of disabling flash animations. If
    you don't mind turning it on and off manually.
    --
    "FYI."
    trout, Jul 18, 2003
  9. John

    J J DILLON Guest

    You can go to webb search and purchase a software for blocking. In the
    interum I learned of a nice way to get rid of the pop ups without having to
    "X" out each one. When you get one or more pop ups use your "Alt" key plus
    "F4" key. It will wipe out all background pop ups at one time.

    J J DILLON, Jul 20, 2003
  10. John

    Steven Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message news:<KTSRa.13474$>...
    > "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    > > > they drive me nuts.
    > > > could someone pls tell me how i can get rid of them ?

    > > Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
    > > We use and Recommend.
    > >
    > > FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    > > Pow: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm
    > > NoAds: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
    > > PopKi: http://ranfo.com/popki.html
    > > KillAd: http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc
    > > ClickOff: http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html
    > > PopupEraser: http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm
    > > PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
    > > PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
    > > Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
    > > AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
    > > Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
    > > PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
    > >
    > > Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    > > popup stopper...
    > >
    > > AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    > > We use and Recommend.
    > >
    > > MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    > > Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    > > Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com
    > >
    > > Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    > > popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    > > I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    > > are there.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.2ya.com
    > > Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus.quantum.2ya.com
    > > Freeware Site: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com
    > > DATA Solutions: http://datasolutions.quantum.2ya.com
    > >
    > > If you truly want to contact me click the link
    > > http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    > >

    > whew that's quite a list.
    > my default browser is crazybrowser and somehow flash popups on some sites
    > have infiltrated their evil selves into the browser.
    > i can't stand opera.
    > i have tried proxomitron in the past and prefer to stay away.
    > pow won't stop the flash popups; nor will popup stopper; nor will popup
    > stopper companion pro.
    >
    > but i'll tuck away your answer and explore the other possibilities later
    > today.
    > thanks, i appreciate your help :)

    try the new popup killer -- Zero Ad ,

    It can stop flash popup in Explore ,Netscape ,Mozilla , Opera .
    Steven, Jul 27, 2003
  11. <SNIP>

    >> > Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    >> > popup stopper...
    >> >
    >> > AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    >> > We use and Recommend.
    >> >
    >> > MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    >> > Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    >> > Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com
    >> >
    >> > Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    >> > popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    >> > I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    >> > are there.

    >> whew that's quite a list.
    >> my default browser is crazybrowser and somehow flash popups on some
    >> sites have infiltrated their evil selves into the browser.
    >> i can't stand opera.
    >> i have tried proxomitron in the past and prefer to stay away.
    >> pow won't stop the flash popups; nor will popup stopper; nor will popup
    >> stopper companion pro.

    >> but i'll tuck away your answer and explore the other possibilities
    >> later today.

    > try the new popup killer -- Zero Ad ,
    > It can stop flash popup in Explore ,Netscape ,Mozilla , Opera .

    The latest version of AVant can kill flash
    but I still recommend Proxomitron I have seen a pop, flash, and or many
    other nasty's since I started usingon our server

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 27, 2003