    Is there a way to turn them off completely? I don't see anything obvious
    in the menus or about:config

    Ted
    (Ted Nolan, Jan 25, 2007

  2.  (Ted Nolan

    Guest

    On Jan 25, 7:48 am, (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using this firefox:
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060116 Firefox/1.5
    >
    > I never use the drag and drop features

    what drag and drop features?
    , Jan 25, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 25, 7:48 am, (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm using this firefox:
    >>
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060116 Firefox/1.5
    >>
    >> I never use the drag and drop features

    >what drag and drop features?

    I don't know exactly as I never use them. I just find that sometimes
    I apparently hit the wrong mouse button, and a little icon of a piece of
    paper starts following the mouse around and wants me to drop it somewhere,
    which seems to lead to a page reload. Other times I get a cursor that
    goes into the shape of a left corner angle and I can't get rid of it.

    I'm guessing these are drag-and-drop features because one time when it
    froze up, I got the message:

    (Deer Park:34610): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_drag_set_icon_default: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAG_CONTEXT (context)' failed

    Ted
    (Ted Nolan, Jan 25, 2007
  4.  (Ted Nolan

    Guest

    On Jan 25, 10:36 am, (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >

    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Jan 25, 7:48 am, (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I'm using this firefox:

    > >> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060116 Firefox/1.5

    > >> I never use the drag and drop features

    > >what drag and drop features?I don't know exactly as I never use them. I just find that sometimes

    > I apparently hit the wrong mouse button, and a little icon of a piece of
    > paper starts following the mouse around and wants me to drop it somewhere,
    > which seems to lead to a page reload. Other times I get a cursor that
    > goes into the shape of a left corner angle and I can't get rid of it.
    >
    > I'm guessing these are drag-and-drop features because one time when it
    > froze up, I got the message:
    >
    > (Deer Park:34610): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_drag_set_icon_default: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAG_CONTEXT (context)' failed
    >
    > Ted

    well, I still don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you're
    saving something. I don't know. Maybe its an OS problem. I really
    don't know cause I still don't know what you're talking about.
    , Jan 25, 2007