    --
    Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
    Come visit me www.roycollingwood.co.uk

    Roy Collingwood, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Roy Collingwood

    *Vanguard* Guest

    "Roy Collingwood" said in
    news:tj41c.6950$:
    > my young kids play on my pc, by accident they have pound 'format'
    > command, is there anyway to disable some commands, or remove them off
    > the right click menu.
    > it win me i am using
    >
    > roy

    95-based versions of Windows have no security. With NT-based versions
    of Windows, you could assign the kids' accounts to groups that restrict
    what they can perform on the computer. For now, invest in some backup
    software, like Drive Image to save snapshots of your hard drive(s) so
    you can quickly restore them back after the kids foul up your system.
    And they WILL foul it up. I take it you cannot afford to get them their
    own computers so they really will learn the consequences of their
    actions, like not having a computer to use until you decide to allocate
    your time or money to a low-priority task.

    *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

    *Vanguard*, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Roy Collingwood

    John Guest

    Roy Collingwood wrote:

    > my young kids play on my pc, by accident they have pound 'format' command,
    > is there anyway to disable some commands, or remove them off the right click
    > menu.
    > it win me i am using
    >
    > roy

    Rename format.com to format.moc or something like that, or remove it, if
    you never format anything...

    Win Me is not really a "securable" platform.

    Groetjes
    John

    John, Mar 3, 2004