Disable Avast Start up - Help!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    I've just installed Avast on my home machine.

    However, there is some kind of installation problem that means I
    cannot start Avast from the Windows menu.

    However the program has somehow managed to start itself on boot up and
    is sitting in my system tray. Nevertheless despite sitting in my
    system tray it cannot do anything and I cannot bring it to life by
    clicking on it. IOW the program remains crippled.

    I have just tried to uninstall, but the uninstall function won't work
    because it says the program is already running! Can anyone tell me
    how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    sitting in my RAM.

    TIA

    SNOOPY






    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --
     
    Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:41:10 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z
    (*is n) wrote:

    >
    >Can anyone tell me
    >how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    >crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    >browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    >sitting in my RAM.
    >


    PS I have navigated my way to:

    C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

    Avast is not in there, so my guess is it is being started from the
    registry somehow.

    SNOOPY


    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --
     
    Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Snoopy

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:03:14 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z (*is n)
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:41:10 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z
    >(*is n) wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Can anyone tell me
    >>how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    >>crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    >>browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    >>sitting in my RAM.
    >>

    >
    >PS I have navigated my way to:
    >
    >C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
    >
    >Avast is not in there, so my guess is it is being started from the
    >registry somehow.
    >
    >SNOOPY
    >
    >
    >--
    >Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    > spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    >details
    >

    Should be able to disable it via msconfig

    ashDisp.exe
     
    Invisible, Jan 9, 2006
    #3
  4. Snoopy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >
    > I've just installed Avast on my home machine.
    >
    > However, there is some kind of installation problem that means I
    > cannot start Avast from the Windows menu.
    >
    > However the program has somehow managed to start itself on boot up and
    > is sitting in my system tray. Nevertheless despite sitting in my
    > system tray it cannot do anything and I cannot bring it to life by
    > clicking on it. IOW the program remains crippled.
    >
    > I have just tried to uninstall, but the uninstall function won't work
    > because it says the program is already running! Can anyone tell me
    > how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    > crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    > browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    > sitting in my RAM.


    And you forgot to mention this is an old Windows 95 machine that could
    be "crippled" by anything these days, LOL
     
    Rob J, Jan 9, 2006
    #4
  5. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:06:31 +1300, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:03:14 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z (*is n)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:41:10 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z
    >>(*is n) wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone tell me
    >>>how to stop Avast from starting on bootup?
    >>>

    >>
    >>PS I have navigated my way to:
    >>
    >>C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
    >>
    >>Avast is not in there, so my guess is it is being started from the
    >>registry somehow.
    >>

    >
    >Should be able to disable it via msconfig
    >
    >ashDisp.exe
    >


    You're the bod, Invisible. That did it!
    Thanks a million! Normal operations have been restored.

    SNOOPY


    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --
     
    Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006
    #5
  6. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:08:16 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >>
    >> I've just installed Avast on my home machine.
    >>
    >> However, there is some kind of installation problem that means I
    >> cannot start Avast from the Windows menu.
    >>
    >> However the program has somehow managed to start itself on boot up and
    >> is sitting in my system tray. Nevertheless despite sitting in my
    >> system tray it cannot do anything and I cannot bring it to life by
    >> clicking on it. IOW the program remains crippled.
    >>
    >> I have just tried to uninstall, but the uninstall function won't work
    >> because it says the program is already running! Can anyone tell me
    >> how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    >> crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    >> browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    >> sitting in my RAM.

    >
    >And you forgot to mention this is an old Windows 95 machine that could
    >be "crippled" by anything these days, LOL
    >


    No, Avast is one of the few virus checkers that still works with
    Windows 95 'officially'. That was my reason for looking at it!

    Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    (apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    seem to be in the free download version I got.

    I went back to the Avast homepage and put ashCMD.exe in the on site
    search engine and came up with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on
    how to get ashCMD.exe?

    TIA

    SNOOPY




    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --
     
    Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006
    #6
  7. Snoopy

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > I've just installed Avast on my home machine.
    >
    > However, there is some kind of installation problem that means I
    > cannot start Avast from the Windows menu.
    >
    > However the program has somehow managed to start itself on boot up and
    > is sitting in my system tray. Nevertheless despite sitting in my
    > system tray it cannot do anything and I cannot bring it to life by
    > clicking on it. IOW the program remains crippled.
    >
    > I have just tried to uninstall, but the uninstall function won't work
    > because it says the program is already running! Can anyone tell me
    > how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    > crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    > browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    > sitting in my RAM.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > SNOOPY


    Go to www.forums.avast.com
    great people help you on that site anything to do with their product.

    KB
     
    Krazy Bob, Jan 9, 2006
    #7
  8. Snoopy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    > On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:08:16 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    > >>
    > >> I've just installed Avast on my home machine.
    > >>
    > >> However, there is some kind of installation problem that means I
    > >> cannot start Avast from the Windows menu.
    > >>
    > >> However the program has somehow managed to start itself on boot up and
    > >> is sitting in my system tray. Nevertheless despite sitting in my
    > >> system tray it cannot do anything and I cannot bring it to life by
    > >> clicking on it. IOW the program remains crippled.
    > >>
    > >> I have just tried to uninstall, but the uninstall function won't work
    > >> because it says the program is already running! Can anyone tell me
    > >> how to stop Avast from starting on bootup? My machine has been mostly
    > >> crippled by Avast, and I can't get onto the world wide web as my
    > >> browser just crashes straight away due to this Avast memory hog
    > >> sitting in my RAM.

    > >
    > >And you forgot to mention this is an old Windows 95 machine that could
    > >be "crippled" by anything these days, LOL
    > >

    >
    > No, Avast is one of the few virus checkers that still works with
    > Windows 95 'officially'. That was my reason for looking at it!


    You should prefix your posts with "My computer came out of the ark".

    >
    > Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    > 'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    > (apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    > seem to be in the free download version I got.
    >
    > I went back to the Avast homepage and put ashCMD.exe in the on site
    > search engine and came up with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on
    > how to get ashCMD.exe?



    Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use. Since
    you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the electricity and
    the internet plan, you must have some that you can pay to Avast to buy
    the registered version of their product.
     
    Rob J, Jan 9, 2006
    #8
  9. Snoopy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:08:16 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >>> And you forgot to mention this is an old Windows 95 machine that
    >>> could be "crippled" by anything these days, LOL

    >>
    >> No, Avast is one of the few virus checkers that still works with
    >> Windows 95 'officially'. That was my reason for looking at it!

    >
    > You should prefix your posts with "My computer came out of the ark".
    >
    >> Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    >> 'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    >> (apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    >> seem to be in the free download version I got.
    >>
    >> I went back to the Avast homepage and put ashCMD.exe in the on site
    >> search engine and came up with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on
    >> how to get ashCMD.exe?

    >
    > Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use.
    > Since you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the
    > electricity and the internet plan, you must have some that you can
    > pay to Avast to buy the registered version of their product.


    Oh, a bigot huh? This is nz.comp, not
    nz.comp.i.got.more.money.than.you.and.a.newer.pc.

    So, what are you? The perfect consumer? A product of the throwaway marketing
    spindoctors? What makes you think that you are superior to Snoopy in any
    way? Money? Your arrogance will be your undoing (I hope).

    Now, if you have nothing useful to add go stick your head back up your arse
    where it belongs.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jan 9, 2006
    #9
  10. Snoopy

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:29:08 +1300, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z
    (*is n) wrote:

    ....
    >Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    >'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    >(apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    >seem to be in the free download version I got.

    ....
    Hate to agree with Rob but if you read the docs it is not included in
    the free 'home' version. You need to pay for the professional version
    if you want it.

    Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    http://physio.otago.ac.nz
     
    Bruce Knox, Jan 9, 2006
    #10
  11. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:36:35 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:


    >>
    >> Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    >> 'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    >> (apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    >> seem to be in the free download version I got.
    >>
    >> I went back to the Avast homepage and put ashCMD.exe in the on site
    >> search engine and came up with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on
    >> how to get ashCMD.exe?

    >
    >Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use. Since
    >you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the electricity and
    >the internet plan, you must have some that you can pay to Avast to buy
    >the registered version of their product.
    >

    From Igor, moderator at the site below

    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8572.0

    "The Pro version (even the trial) has this file; the Home version does
    not. Are you sure you installed the right version?"

    So the home version doesn't even have command line scanning. If you
    knew this Rob J (and I'm still not sure from your post) there was no
    need to respond in such an obtuse and obscure way. Seems Avast is
    not as good as I've previously heard. Time to move on.

    SNOOPY




    --
    Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
    spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
    details

    --
     
    Snoopy, Jan 9, 2006
    #11
  12. Snoopy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    > On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:36:35 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    >
    > >>
    > >> Oh and the other reason is that it has command line scanning via the
    > >> 'ashCMD.exe' program that works using the Avast Windows kernel
    > >> (apparently). However, when I try to find ashCMD.exe, it does not
    > >> seem to be in the free download version I got.
    > >>
    > >> I went back to the Avast homepage and put ashCMD.exe in the on site
    > >> search engine and came up with nothing. Can anyone enlighten me on
    > >> how to get ashCMD.exe?

    > >
    > >Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use. Since
    > >you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the electricity and
    > >the internet plan, you must have some that you can pay to Avast to buy
    > >the registered version of their product.
    > >

    > From Igor, moderator at the site below
    >
    > http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8572.0
    >
    > "The Pro version (even the trial) has this file; the Home version does
    > not. Are you sure you installed the right version?"
    >
    > So the home version doesn't even have command line scanning. If you
    > knew this Rob J (and I'm still not sure from your post) there was no
    > need to respond in such an obtuse and obscure way. Seems Avast is
    > not as good as I've previously heard. Time to move on.


    The simplest way to move on is to move up to a current operating system
    for which software is available. Or spend some money. Or both.

    Your perception of Avast as portrayed here is based entirely on the fact
    that they won't give you what you want without paying a registration
    fee.

    I don't have time for people coming on this forum whining about having
    to spend money on their PC.
     
    Rob J, Jan 10, 2006
    #12
  13. Snoopy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:36:35 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >>> Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use.
    >>> Since you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the
    >>> electricity and the internet plan, you must have some that you can
    >>> pay to Avast to buy the registered version of their product.
    >>>

    >> From Igor, moderator at the site below
    >>
    >> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8572.0
    >>
    >> "The Pro version (even the trial) has this file; the Home version
    >> does not. Are you sure you installed the right version?"
    >>
    >> So the home version doesn't even have command line scanning. If you
    >> knew this Rob J (and I'm still not sure from your post) there was no
    >> need to respond in such an obtuse and obscure way. Seems Avast is
    >> not as good as I've previously heard. Time to move on.

    >
    > The simplest way to move on is to move up to a current operating
    > system for which software is available. Or spend some money. Or both.


    Not everybody has money to spend on non-essential items.

    > Your perception of Avast as portrayed here is based entirely on the
    > fact that they won't give you what you want without paying a
    > registration fee.


    Exactly! Well done! He was talking about the Home version after all. You're
    the one going on about paid versions and presuming to tell people what to do
    with their own money.

    > I don't have time for people coming on this forum whining about having
    > to spend money on their PC.


    Then why are you replying? You say you don't have time... Yet you reply.
    Your actions contradict your words, making you a hypocrite at best.

    Shit, re-reading your post, you really have a problem huh? You "don't have
    time for people coming on this forum...". Like it's your forum or something.
    Who gives a **** what you have time for? It's *not* _your_ forum. You prove
    yourself to be an arrogant hypocrite. And that's just from a few lines of
    text. I'd hate to see you face-to-face.

    Or have you just got a hard-on for Snoopy? That might explain you feeling
    compelled to contradict yourself.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jan 10, 2006
    #13
  14. Snoopy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <43c32ae8$>,
    says...
    > Rob J wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    > >> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:36:35 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    > >>> Well apparently, there's this stuff called money that you can use.
    > >>> Since you have to have some to buy a computer and pay for the
    > >>> electricity and the internet plan, you must have some that you can
    > >>> pay to Avast to buy the registered version of their product.
    > >>>
    > >> From Igor, moderator at the site below
    > >>
    > >> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8572.0
    > >>
    > >> "The Pro version (even the trial) has this file; the Home version
    > >> does not. Are you sure you installed the right version?"
    > >>
    > >> So the home version doesn't even have command line scanning. If you
    > >> knew this Rob J (and I'm still not sure from your post) there was no
    > >> need to respond in such an obtuse and obscure way. Seems Avast is
    > >> not as good as I've previously heard. Time to move on.

    > >
    > > The simplest way to move on is to move up to a current operating
    > > system for which software is available. Or spend some money. Or both.

    >
    > Not everybody has money to spend on non-essential items.


    Get Linux for a few dollars.

    And it seems you regard computers as essential judging by the amount of
    effort you put into them.

    You can buy a good second hand Pentium III able to run Windows XP for
    about $300. Most people have that much money. Some blow it on smokes,
    booze or drugs, of course.
     
    Rob J, Jan 10, 2006
    #14
  15. Snoopy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > In article <43c32ae8$>,
    > says...
    >> Rob J wrote:
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
    >>>> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:36:35 +1300, Rob J <>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>> The simplest way to move on is to move up to a current operating
    >>> system for which software is available. Or spend some money. Or
    >>> both.

    >>
    >> Not everybody has money to spend on non-essential items.

    >
    > Get Linux for a few dollars.


    Sure, I'll just throw away all these old games I still enjoy playing that
    require DirectX.

    > And it seems you regard computers as essential judging by the amount
    > of effort you put into them.


    Computers are my hobby. I'm an invalid who has difficulty getting out of the
    house so I spend a lot of time with my PCs. What do your assumptions about
    my attitude to computers have to do with whether the majority of people
    classify them as essential? Obviously Snoopy doesn't consider updating his
    PC as high on his list of things to do and no amount of your aggressive
    arrogance is going to bully him into it. Or do you think that maybe it will?

    > You can buy a good second hand Pentium III able to run Windows XP for
    > about $300. Most people have that much money.


    Sure, if you say so. And if they do, it's up to them what they spend it on
    ay? Not for you to dictate just because someone asked a question in 'your'
    forum. A question to do with an anti-virus product.

    > Some blow it on smokes,
    > booze or drugs, of course.


    If you say so, you seem to know, or think you know, what you're talking
    about. Nice, sneaky little implication there by the way. You really do think
    you're all that and more don't you?

    Just for your edification, I haven't smoked for two years, gave up cold
    turkey after smoking for 26 years. In the last year I've had alcohol
    probably twice, the last time at least four months ago. Both times were
    gifts of a (shared) bottle of red wine. Drugs? Not for many a year. Actually
    I'm an ordained minister, you could say a man of the cloth. Nice attempt at
    a smear campaign though. Unless you're getting personal with Snoopy? Always
    a sign of a loser and a bully when someone brings personal stuff (no matter
    how sneakilly) into a discussion.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jan 10, 2006
    #15
  16. Snoopy

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:26:26 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    >> I don't have time for people coming on this forum whining about having
    >> to spend money on their PC.

    >
    > Then why are you replying? You say you don't have time... Yet you reply.
    > Your actions contradict your words, making you a hypocrite at best.


    As soon as I saw who you were replying to, I thought you should have known
    better :)

    'Rob J' is a moron. He is one of those people who thinks he's a bit smarter
    than everyone else, because he thinks he has all the answers. It's all
    straight forward and obvious to him.

    Of course, those who actually DO have a few brains recognise how
    complicated things are and never assume they know everything. Or even a lot
    of things.

    This is all WAY over 'rob j' head of course. But maybe it'll entertain you.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #10958 +(3922)- [X]

    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj
    (morganj): bastard.


    Note: All my comments are copyright 10/01/2006 6:09:56 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
     
    Brendan, Jan 10, 2006
    #16
  17. Snoopy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:26:26 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >>> I don't have time for people coming on this forum whining about
    >>> having to spend money on their PC.

    >>
    >> Then why are you replying? You say you don't have time... Yet you
    >> reply. Your actions contradict your words, making you a hypocrite at
    >> best.

    >
    > As soon as I saw who you were replying to, I thought you should have
    > known better :)
    >
    > 'Rob J' is a moron. He is one of those people who thinks he's a bit
    > smarter than everyone else, because he thinks he has all the answers.
    > It's all straight forward and obvious to him.
    >
    > Of course, those who actually DO have a few brains recognise how
    > complicated things are and never assume they know everything. Or even
    > a lot of things.
    >
    > This is all WAY over 'rob j' head of course. But maybe it'll
    > entertain you.


    Ahh, ok. I didn't, and don't, recognize him. All I saw was an arrogant
    hypocrite putting someone down because of their older computer. I'm not
    looking for entertainment, I just feel like pointing out the arrogance and
    inconsistancies within his posts.

    Heh. Maybe I should have known better. I just don't tolerate fools gladly,
    especially when they pollute the newsgroup.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jan 10, 2006
    #17
  18. Snoopy

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:26:26 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > >> I don't have time for people coming on this forum whining about having
    > >> to spend money on their PC.

    > >
    > > Then why are you replying? You say you don't have time... Yet you reply.
    > > Your actions contradict your words, making you a hypocrite at best.

    >
    > As soon as I saw who you were replying to, I thought you should have known
    > better :)
    >
    > 'Rob J' is a moron. He is one of those people who thinks he's a bit smarter
    > than everyone else, because he thinks he has all the answers. It's all
    > straight forward and obvious to him.
    >
    > Of course, those who actually DO have a few brains recognise how
    > complicated things are and never assume they know everything. Or even a lot
    > of things.
    >
    > This is all WAY over 'rob j' head of course. But maybe it'll entertain you.


    The last refuge of the small minded
     
    Rob J, Jan 10, 2006
    #18
  19. Snoopy

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:46:55 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Heh. Maybe I should have known better. I just don't tolerate fools gladly,
    > especially when they pollute the newsgroup.


    Know the feeling. Best not to feed the troll now, i think.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #349567 +(6319)- [X]

    Rabidplaybunny87: Okay, so my neighbors officially hate me
    GarbageStan23: why?
    Rabidplaybunny87: Well, me, david and andrew were having a bonfire in the
    backyard, and we were making s'mores and all... and suddenly we here
    sirens, and see a firetruck turn into the street in front of us.
    Rabidplaybunny87: So we all went running to see what was up, and our
    neigbor's house was on fire!
    GarbageStan23: oh shit!
    Rabidplaybunny87: Yeah, and when we got there, the wife was crying into her
    husbands arms, and we were just kinda standing there, and then she saw us,
    and then like for 10 seconds, gave us the dirtiest look ever
    Rabidplaybunny87: Turns out, we were still holding our sticks with
    marshmallows on it, watching the fire....
    Rabidplaybunny87: talk about bad timing...


    Note: All my comments are copyright 11/01/2006 1:19:44 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
     
    Brendan, Jan 10, 2006
    #19
  20. Snoopy

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:46:56 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    ....
    >You can buy a good second hand Pentium III able to run Windows XP for
    >about $300. Most people have that much money. Some blow it on smokes,
    >booze or drugs, of course.

    ....
    You are ignorant of the real world.

    I spent several years unemployed and know how much $300 really is. To
    blandly imply that this sum is insignificant shows a casual disregard
    for the truth for a large number of people or an ignorance of what a
    large number of people have to call reality.

    God I hope you are young or there is no excuse for such ignorance.

    Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    http://physio.otago.ac.nz
     
    Bruce Knox, Jan 11, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guy Quinn

    Disable Wireless Connection at Start-Up?

    Guy Quinn, Jul 1, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    23,353
    bobbysays
    Nov 10, 2009
  2. kenny
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,458
    Rôgêr
    Jul 28, 2005
  3. booddhhoo
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,016
    booddhhoo
    Mar 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEJsZWQ=?=

    Windows x64 Edition won't start after Avast Update

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEJsZWQ=?=, Oct 29, 2007, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    1,013
    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEJsZWQ=?=
    Nov 5, 2007
  5. KEYMASTER

    Avast Help

    KEYMASTER, Apr 27, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    408
    krazy Bob
    Apr 27, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page