    --
    I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
    http://www.dwacon.com
    dwacon., Aug 16, 2005

  2. dwacon.

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Big waste of money.

    pcbutts1, Aug 16, 2005

  3. dwacon.

    philo Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:

    > Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
    > white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
    > to make the air cleaner.
    >
    > Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
    > high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
    > or just a waste of money?
    >
    > Just ink wiring...

    any smokers in the house????

    if so...quit smoking!
    philo, Aug 16, 2005
  4. dwacon.

    Pat Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, "dwacon." <> wrote:

    >Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
    >white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
    >to make the air cleaner.
    >
    >Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
    >high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
    >or just a waste of money?
    >
    >Just ink wiring...

    Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
    get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
    dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
    work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
    usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
    periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Aug 16, 2005
  5. dwacon.

    Buffalo Guest

    "dwacon." <> wrote in message news:6upMe.910$_F1.651@lakeread04...
    > Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
    > white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
    > to make the air cleaner.
    >
    > Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
    > high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
    > or just a waste of money?
    >
    > Just ink wiring...
    >

    > --
    > I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
    > http://www.dwacon.com

    Have your ducts cleaned thoroughly for starters.
    Don't know about the infrared light.
    Buffalo, Aug 17, 2005
  6. dwacon.

    dwacon. Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:
    >
    >> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go
    >> from
    >> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to
    >> do
    >> to make the air cleaner.
    >>
    >> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly
    >> uses
    >> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the
    >> expense
    >> or just a waste of money?
    >>
    >> Just ink wiring...

    > any smokers in the house????
    >
    > if so...quit smoking!

    No smokers. Very little cooking (once a month -- otherwise, microwave
    froxen foods). I do fart a lot, however...

    --
    Now featuring Jennifer Lopez Lingerie
    And Gourmet Foods
    dwacon., Aug 17, 2005
  7. dwacon.

    dwacon. Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message

    > Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
    > get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
    > dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
    > work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
    > usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
    > periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.

    Can you give some brand names?

    Thanx.

    --
    For Lovers Only
    http://tinyurl.com/8emny
    dwacon., Aug 17, 2005
  8. dwacon.

    Guest

    "dwacon." <> wrote:

    |>"Pat" <> wrote in message
    |>
    |>> Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
    |>> get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
    |>> dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
    |>> work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
    |>> usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
    |>> periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.

    |>Can you give some brand names?

    Basic Google
    http://www.lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=HC-EAC

    Very spendy, need an electrical supply, need to adapt your system for
    the filter. But very efficient, just hose off the filter to clean it.

    There are all types but basically just an electrified pre filter for
    your ventilation system

    I was going to have one installed but never got around to it.

    --

    http://tinypic.com/almbfr.jpg
    , Aug 17, 2005
  9. dwacon.

    Pat Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:03:43 -0700, wrote:

    > "dwacon." <> wrote:
    >

    >|>"Pat" <> wrote in message

    >|>Can you give some brand names?
    >
    >Basic Google
    >http://www.lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=HC-EAC
    >
    >Very spendy, need an electrical supply, need to adapt your system for
    >the filter. But very efficient, just hose off the filter to clean it.
    >
    >There are all types but basically just an electrified pre filter for
    >your ventilation system
    >
    >I was going to have one installed but never got around to it.

    They are expensive. It's been over 15 years since I installed one and
    they were about $400 plus installation then. Probably twice that now.
    All the big names in AC have them (Lennox, as mentioned, Carrier, York,
    Payne, Day&Night, ect.). They are probably all pretty much the same just
    branded differently.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Aug 18, 2005
  10. dwacon.

    Aquila Deus Guest

    dwacon. wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:
    > >
    > >> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go
    > >> from
    > >> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to
    > >> do
    > >> to make the air cleaner.
    > >>
    > >> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly
    > >> uses
    > >> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the
    > >> expense
    > >> or just a waste of money?
    > >>
    > >> Just ink wiring...

    > > any smokers in the house????
    > >
    > > if so...quit smoking!

    > No smokers. Very little cooking (once a month -- otherwise, microwave
    > froxen foods). I do fart a lot, however...

    you need to install one behind your arse!
    Aquila Deus, Aug 18, 2005
  11. dwacon.

    Mitch Guest

    In article <6upMe.910$_F1.651@lakeread04>, dwacon. <> wrote:

    > Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
    > white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
    > to make the air cleaner.

    Just because the filter is a different color doesn't mean it isn't still working properly.
    It just means it is doing something.

    > Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
    > high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
    > or just a waste of money?

    You misunderstood that product.
    That is an ANTIBACTERIAL device. it is not an air filter (unless it offers that as well).
    Mitch, Aug 22, 2005