    microsoft.com, and try to install, the install program says that i have to
    have....(lists all windows versions except x64).....is there not a directX
    for x64??? if so what's the trick?
    =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=, Nov 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The latest version of DirectX is already installed.

    John Barnes, Nov 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    warpsix Guest

    Ben wrote:
    > How do we install DirectX on x64? When i go to the directX page on
    > microsoft.com, and try to install, the install program says that i have to
    > have....(lists all windows versions except x64).....is there not a directX
    > for x64??? if so what's the trick?

    go to start click on run type dxdiag and look 9c should be installed
    already
    warpsix, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Oh.....well i guess im just a waste of space......thank you for your help,
    you are indeed correct, as i just checked and confirmed, (something i should
    have done before i bothered posting)......OH WELL.....guess its time for bed
    :)

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=, Nov 11, 2005
  5. DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
    Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
    Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
    Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  6. Ben wrote:
    > How do we install DirectX on x64? When i go to the directX page on
    > microsoft.com, and try to install, the install program says that i have to
    > have....(lists all windows versions except x64).....is there not a directX
    > for x64??? if so what's the trick?

    WinXPx64 comes with DirectX 9.0c (the latest version) built-in. Why
    are you trying to install another version?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Nov 11, 2005
  7. Because he didn't know that it was bundled with XP Pro x64. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005