    Will you please suggest me what to do.

    Regards,
    - Kishor Mahajan

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lzaG9yIE1haGFqYW4=?=, Nov 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2lzaG9yIE1haGFqYW4=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Kishor Mahajan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi There,
    >
    > We have EM64T compatible machine and on that Windows XP OS installed. We
    > are
    > trying to run one of our application having features of Direct 3D, but it
    > is
    > giving an error that "d3dx9_27.dll" not found. But out application is not
    > using any feature of this DLL neither this DLL's related library invoked
    > in
    > our project settings.
    >
    > Also we are trying to install DirectX SDK on this machine but we receive a
    > message that .Net Framework is not installed on this machine.
    >
    > Will you please suggest me what to do.
    >
    > Regards,
    > - Kishor Mahajan

    Obviously, you have a dependency issue with the code you have written.
    You should install .Net Framework 1.1 and associated updates. Make sure you
    have
    the latest version of DirectX (9.0c) installed.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 29, 2005

  3. The d3dx9_*.dll is not part of the basic runtime that is included in the OS
    as of XP SP 2, Server 2003 SP1, and XP x64. The application you are using
    should have installed the correct dll (and other required optional
    components) as part of its use of DirectSetup (which makes sure 9.0c is on
    older systems, and installs optional components based on the configuration
    of the REDIST). You should look at the DirectX SDK documentation for C++
    topic "Installing DirectX with DirectSetup".

    Your application is in fact making a call to D3DX somewhere or it would not
    be bound to it and thus fail with that error.

    The installation problem with the DirectX SDK (October 2005) when .NET 1.1
    is not present was resolved some time ago, so you might want to download it
    again from the Microsoft site and retry the install. Note that installing
    the SDK is intended for developers, not end-users.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Windows Gaming & Graphics

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Nov 29, 2005
  4. d3dx9_27 will need the dx 9.0c found in the latest SDK or redist, not just
    any dx9.0c (just felt like clarifying.)

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhd29sZg==?=, Nov 29, 2005
  5. > d3dx9_27 will need the dx 9.0c found in the latest SDK or redist, not just
    > any dx9.0c (just felt like clarifying.)

    Not quite true. The DirectX 9.0c components in the SDK REDIST is exactly
    the same bits as those present with XP SP 2, Server 2003 SP1, and XP x64.
    You do need your application linked against the same version of the headers
    and (import) libraries as the version of the D3DX DLL you are distributing.
    The only legal way to redistribute the D3DX DLL is as part of a valid
    DirectSetup REDIST, which typically includes the DirectX 9.0c components for
    older systems but depending on your application targets even those bits can
    be left out to save space.

    Again, see the DirectX Documentation for C++ topic "Installing DirectX with
    DirectSetup" for full details on how this all works.

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Nov 30, 2005