directx 9c

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGc=?=, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
    windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGc=?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. yes, it's already built in to the OS. You don't need to install it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2005

  3. DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
    Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
    Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
    Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  4. thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGc=?=, Jul 5, 2005
  5. You DO NOT NEED to install any version of DirectX out of the box with x64.
    It ships with DX9.0c which should handle anything you can throw at it just
    fine. I havent had any trouble with gaming on x64 using the base
    installation, so you should be fine too.

    Now, if you have issues with DX compatbility thats another thing completely.
    Some older games wont run on DX9 and this can cause you issues on x64. If
    thats the case and you have to have that game on your system, consider a
    dual boot installation of 32 and 64bit Windows to resolve the issue, or
    consider buying a new game, there's plenty out there.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 7, 2005