    closing all other non-system applications. Still nothing.
    Any ideas what is wrong, and how I can fix this?

    thanks!

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:
    > Hello! I just bought The Sims 2 and it requires DX9c to be installed on
    > the system. I've tried using the CD version and the download version
    > available from the Microsoft website.
    >
    > The installation gets as far as "Searching for updated DirectX Runtime
    > components" and then just freezes. I've waited upto 20 minutes and
    > nothing happens. When I Ctrl+Alt+Del it shows it as not responding.
    >
    > I have XP Pro and DX9b installed already and have tried restarting and
    > closing all other non-system applications. Still nothing.
    > Any ideas what is wrong, and how I can fix this?
    >
    > thanks!

    i stil cant get it to work so I thought I'd install SP2 since that
    includes it apparently.

    Now SP2 wont install!!

    --
    "Everybody is born so that they can learn how to live a good
    life--like loving everybody and being nice, right? Well, animals

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    WebWalker Guest

    Try to check whether the installations left any error log in your HD.
    I am thinking you might having some corrupted system file.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 13, 2004