    I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even though
    i am ... well any suggestions please :)

    Thank you

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFyayBTYW11cmFp?=, Sep 27, 2005

  2. "Dark Samurai" <Dark > wrote in message
    > I'm having a graphics problem and it says "Everquest 2 has detected an
    > unrecoverale error and must shutdown - <verify>
    > c:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9renderDevice.cppc.957):Directxerr.CD3DERR-not
    > available.
    >
    > I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even
    > though
    > i am ... well any suggestions please :)

    DirectX 9.0c is already installed as part of the base x64 OS. You cannot
    install the 32-bit version.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Sep 27, 2005

  3. Make sure you also have the latest drivers for your video and sound cards.
    Run dxdiag and see if you get any errors with the tests. If you do, post
    them here.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Sep 27, 2005
  4. DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
    Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
    Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
    Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005