    Is the option elsewhere or is it not available to change direct3d vsync
    on/off somewhere else?

    TIA:)
    gtg, Dec 28, 2003

  2. gtg

    °Mike° Guest

    <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

    Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
    http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml

    "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
    cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
    be played without VSYNC."

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:44:07 GMT, in
    <rLDHb.222$>
    gtg scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003

  3. gtg

    gtg Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    >
    > Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
    > http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml
    >
    > "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
    > cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
    > be played without VSYNC."

    hmmm damn those MS folk.....

    thanks for the info:)
    gtg, Dec 28, 2003
  4. gtg

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:40:29 GMT, in
    <hAEHb.271$>
    gtg scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    >>
    >> Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
    >> http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml
    >>
    >> "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
    >> cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
    >> be played without VSYNC."
    >>

    >hmmm damn those MS folk.....
    >
    >thanks for the info:)

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003
  5. gtg

    tq96 Guest

    > "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
    > cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
    > be played without VSYNC."

    It's still available for the game to change it, though. There's so much
    tearing in Silent Hill 3, that I'm sure it turns off the vsync option.
    tq96, Dec 28, 2003
  6. gtg

    Flow Guest

    Lol,actually it's set at AUTO by default,leaving the app to decide on or
    off.
    I always have it at auto,gives best performance,and if a game benefits from
    off then you prolly can set it to off in the game itself.
    NVHARDPAGE gives an excellent overview from what's on and off for both
    D3D and opengl. Also it has build in coolbits for enabling overclocking tabs
    and the vsybc option for D3D.
    But the coolbits registry hack is as good as it gets.
    ..

    Flow, Dec 28, 2003