    please tell me why this can happen.I have done AV and Spyware scans and all
    clear.I run winXP and the result is the same using both IE and
    Firefox.Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    tab, Sep 29, 2005

  2. tab wrote:
    > I enter url in IE and completely different website appears.In this case I
    > enter www.ispc.co.uk and thesite I get is www.network-i.net/ .Can anyone
    > please tell me why this can happen.I have done AV and Spyware scans and all
    > clear.I run winXP and the result is the same using both IE and
    > Firefox.Thanks in advance for any help with this.

    Apparently the only thing on the first URL is a page that redirects to
    the second URL. Perhaps there was a merger, gone out of business or some
    such happening.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2005

  3. tab

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:36:32 +0000 (UTC), "tab"
    <> wrote:

    >I enter url in IE and completely different website appears.In this case I
    >enter www.ispc.co.uk and thesite I get is www.network-i.net/ .Can anyone
    >please tell me why this can happen.I have done AV and Spyware scans and all
    >clear.I run winXP and the result is the same using both IE and
    >Firefox.Thanks in advance for any help with this.

    "Please adjust your bookmark to visit http://www.network-i.net/."

    Clue?
    Evan Platt, Sep 29, 2005
  4. tab

    tab Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:36:32 +0000 (UTC), "tab"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I enter url in IE and completely different website appears.In this case I
    >>enter www.ispc.co.uk and thesite I get is www.network-i.net/ .Can anyone
    >>please tell me why this can happen.I have done AV and Spyware scans and
    >>all
    >>clear.I run winXP and the result is the same using both IE and
    >>Firefox.Thanks in advance for any help with this.

    > "Please adjust your bookmark to visit http://www.network-i.net/."
    >
    > Clue?

    ispc is a property centre and network-i.net appears to be something
    completely different.Cant see that there is any connection between the two
    or am I missing something.???
    tab, Sep 30, 2005
  5. tab

    Trax Guest

    "tab" <> wrote:

    |>"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    |>> "Please adjust your bookmark to visit http://www.network-i.net/."
    |>>
    |>> Clue?

    |>ispc is a property centre and network-i.net appears to be something
    |>completely different.Cant see that there is any connection between the two
    |>or am I missing something.???

    WhoIs http://www.dnsstuff.com/
    Domain Name:
    ispc.co.uk

    Registrant:
    Internet Service Providers Consortium
    Trading As: Network-i Limited

    Registrant's Agent:
    Network I Limited [Tag = ISPC]

    Relevant Dates:
    Last updated: 13-Jun-2005

    Name servers listed in order:
    ns1.network-i.net 212.21.121.131
    ns2.network-i.net 212.21.121.133

    --
    eDonkey Tells Congress It's Throwing in the Towel
    http://tinyurl.com/dattt
    Trax, Sep 30, 2005
  6. tab

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:12:43 +0000 (UTC), tab wrote:

    >"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:36:32 +0000 (UTC), "tab"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I enter url in IE and completely different website appears.In this case I
    >>>enter www.ispc.co.uk and thesite I get is www.network-i.net/ .Can anyone

    <snip>

    That would be espc as in http://www.espc.com/

    >completely different.Cant see that there is any connection between the two
    >or am I missing something.???

    Me
    why?, Sep 30, 2005
  7. tab

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >ispc is a property centre and network-i.net appears to be something
    >completely different.Cant see that there is any connection between the two
    >or am I missing something.???

    You're missing that their website is intentionally redirected. They
    sold their domain, they were bought out... Don't know.
    Evan Platt, Sep 30, 2005