Direct X9.0C - Cannot install.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gilda Scott, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Gilda  Scott

    Gilda Scott Guest

    "Mr Piquet" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this has been done to death everyone...
    >
    > Have an 'early' release of Win XP Pro with SP2 (the one with direct x

    9.0b)

    Gilda Scott, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Gilda  Scott

    Redman Guest

    Maybe it has to do with the fact that your clock is running faster than
    everyone else's!!!

    Redman
    Redman, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Gilda  Scott

    DC Guest

    DC, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Mr Piquet, <>, the ruptured, clapped out toe-jam,
    and very fat, unpaid employee who voluntarily committed to working for 30
    years in exchange for a discarded, half-chewed hamburger, guffawed:

    > Ect Ect...

    Oh dear!

    Please run and hide, especially if you value your eyes and fingers.

    If I find you I will cut your fingers off and use them to gouge out your
    eyes.

    HTH you gumming, doddering, loggerheaded hairy tongue

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Salted gnats and bladder topping con decomposed chipmunk pancreas and frog
    muscle garnish roasted aside baked owl giblet and mongoose penis preserve on
    top of fondued earwax balls and lemon vinegar, cooked in a wriggling skillet
    chock full of twitching scraps of stomach, slug and fish in putrescent
    effluent dregs, a side of grains and a bucket of thick, syrupy, green snot.

    Mr Piquet, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Gilda  Scott

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:34:25 -0700, Mr Piquet wrote:

    >Sorry if this has been done to death everyone...
    >
    >Have an 'early' release of Win XP Pro with SP2 (the one with direct x 9.0b)
    >
    >So of course I cannot run...
    >
    >Sims2

    Sims 2 directX 9.0c Help
    .... Sims 2 directX 9.0c Help (1/1). ... I've recently bought a copy of
    The Sims 2, and yes . . .
    i have had the same DirectX 9.0c problem as many other people. ...
    www.ntcompatible.com/thread28886-1.html - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

    Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)
    ... guys.. I have the same problem with the sims 2 and directx 9.0c
    used the old ati
    catalyst won't help, so does the new 4.9 so still can't run the
    game. ...
    www.ntcompatible.com/thread28739-1.html - 101k - 15 Oct 2004 -
    Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.ntcompatible.com ]

    Computing.Net - Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem
    .... Subject: Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem. Original Message. ... Name:
    Optimum Date: October
    02, 2004 at 05:10:06 Pacific Subject: Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem.
    Reply: ...
    http://computing.net/gaming/wwwboard/forum/2948.html - 25k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    MSFN -> Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)
    .... Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem). ...
    www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=27955&view=getnewpost - 62k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    GamersHell.com Forums -> DirectX 9.0c
    .... the sims2 and it says i need the latest version of DirectX 9.0c and
    i ... It seems
    sp2 causes a lot of problems with the sims 2 ----- Hip-hop ...
    http://forums.gamershell.com/index. php?act=ST&f=19&t=7701 - 101k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    >Rome total war

    Megatokyo Forums -> Directx 9.0b And C.... Probs
    .... Sims 2 and Rome: Total War. ... long time have DirectX 9.0b. BUt
    recentyl when i tried
    to install Sims 2, they said that i needed to install DirectX 9.0c to be
    http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1685975&view=getlastpost
    - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

    Tech Support: Rome Total War
    .... Gloriam. Rome total war crash, 2, 140, 10/13/04 8:40 pm by:
    eradosan, zeek1973.
    DirectX 9.0b or 9.0c, that is the question. Got answers? ...
    http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm26 - 40k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    DirectX 9.0c released - News and Siteseeing
    .... I plan on dl'ing 9.0c and the 1.2 patch ... hardware and all games
    that use DirectX,
    so you ... Rome: Total War Beginner's Guide. Rome: Total War Beginner's
    Guide Want ...
    www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=6834 - 101k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    nV News - Inno3D GeForce 6800 Review
    .... Rome: Total War Demo - 1600x1200 - NVCP AA/AF percentage value
    indicates performance
    hit ... and long-running series, Colin McRae Rally 2005 required DirectX
    9.0c. ...
    www.nvnews.net/reviews/inno3d_geforce_6800/page4.shtml - 23k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    game is slowwww - Rome: Total War Heaven Forum
    .... 2.) Got the latest DirectX 9.0c update? ...
    http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=3,10,,10&st=recent
    - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

    Etc..... www.google.com

    >Ect Ect...

    Try something like
    http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=169

    directx IIRC creates install log files have a look for those it may have
    the fault in it. A quick www.google.com suggests it's directx.log.

    >Latest Catalyst drivers installed for my 9600XT

    Maybe others have see a problem with that card already.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=directx 9.0c 9600xt

    Go for the log file first.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Oct 16, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:34:25 -0700, Mr Piquet wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry if this has been done to death everyone...
    >>
    >>Have an 'early' release of Win XP Pro with SP2 (the one with direct x 9.0b)
    >>
    >>So of course I cannot run...
    >>
    >>Sims2

    >Sims 2 directX 9.0c Help
    >.... Sims 2 directX 9.0c Help (1/1). ... I've recently bought a copy of
    >The Sims 2, and yes . . .
    >i have had the same DirectX 9.0c problem as many other people. ...
    >www.ntcompatible.com/thread28886-1.html - 64k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    >Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)
    > ... guys.. I have the same problem with the sims 2 and directx 9.0c
    >used the old ati
    > catalyst won't help, so does the new 4.9 so still can't run the
    >game. ...
    > www.ntcompatible.com/thread28739-1.html - 101k - 15 Oct 2004 -
    >Cached - Similar pages
    > [ More results from www.ntcompatible.com ]
    >
    >Computing.Net - Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem
    >.... Subject: Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem. Original Message. ... Name:
    >Optimum Date: October
    >02, 2004 at 05:10:06 Pacific Subject: Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem.
    >Reply: ...
    >http://computing.net/gaming/wwwboard/forum/2948.html - 25k - Cached -
    >Similar pages
    >
    >MSFN -> Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)
    >.... Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem). ...
    >www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=27955&view=getnewpost - 62k -
    >Cached - Similar pages
    >
    >GamersHell.com Forums -> DirectX 9.0c
    >.... the sims2 and it says i need the latest version of DirectX 9.0c and
    >i ... It seems

    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Oh, look everyone, joooooooooody is chummy with the chatterly -
    troll....." -- Rhyanon
    Lady Chatterly, Oct 16, 2004
  8. Gilda  Scott

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mr Piquet wrote:
    > Hmmm Ok.
    >
    > A bit of help & lots of nonsense...
    >
    > Let me be a little more specific.
    >
    > I CANNOT install 9.0C
    >
    > It goes thru the installation motions but appears to complete within a
    > heartbeat!
    >
    > After this checking DXDIAG shows 9.0B as still current.
    >
    > It is not my card... I know that... & it has NOTHING to do with my drivers!
    >
    > I have tried 6 different sources for it so I know it is not a dodgy copy.
    >
    > Including both versions from MS.
    >
    > The versions that comes with the SIM2 & Star Wars Battlefront
    >
    > Of a magazine CD
    >
    > & a version downloaded at work.
    >
    > All I really asking is...
    >
    > 1 - Has ANYONE else in this group had a similar problem - A trawl thru Googe
    > seems to indicate a heap of people are having the same problem.
    >
    > 2 - Does anyone know if there is an easy fix... Or is my old friend "Mr
    > Format" gonna be needed again!
    >
    > C'mon people... think!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Mike.

    I had the same problem with Win98se updates. I sent an email off to
    ms support and the next day received a reply that the info had been
    sent to windows updates pros. the same day I received an email from
    them telling me where to get the update on their web site and install
    it manually.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Oct 17, 2004
  9. Gilda  Scott

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The only nonsense is that you STILL have not fixed your clock.You are 1 day
    ahead of everybody else. That is why you got limited answers because most
    would just kill file you so they would not see your post at the top of the
    list all the time. Your clock and or timezone is wrong.

    pcbutts1, Oct 17, 2004
  10. Gilda  Scott

    Mr Piquet Guest

    This better?