    1. Advertising

  2. Dogg

    Invisible Guest

    Invisible, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Dogg

    cowboyz Guest

    cowboyz, Aug 2, 2004
  5. cowboyz wrote:
    >>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until
    >>someone posts it.
    >>I grabed it last week sometime.

    > Did you notice any difference?

    nope... oh, ummm yeah kinda.
    I hadn't attributed it to that, but it might be.

    I had the occasional slow down in FPS in NFSU if I happened to hit a
    small pole(like a bus stop sign), and that has since stopped, so, um,
    yeah, I guess it may have fixed that.
    I have also changed the cooling in my machine, so it may be that my
    video card(mildly overclocked) is now better cooled too.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 2, 2004
  6. Dogg

    paora Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:37:56 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >cowboyz wrote:
    >>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until
    >>>someone posts it.
    >>>I grabed it last week sometime.

    >> Did you notice any difference?

    >nope... oh, ummm yeah kinda.
    >I hadn't attributed it to that, but it might be.
    >
    >I had the occasional slow down in FPS in NFSU if I happened to hit a
    >small pole(like a bus stop sign), and that has since stopped, so, um,
    >yeah, I guess it may have fixed that.
    >I have also changed the cooling in my machine, so it may be that my
    >video card(mildly overclocked) is now better cooled too.
    >
    >--

    I guess I'll wait till I come across a software that demands that I
    install Microsoft's latest bloated piece of crap.

    The last directx I dloaded was really annoying - the choice was to use
    the auto-intaller of 15meg approx or to dload a 30meg version for
    programmers ( or whatever). When you need it for more than one machine
    or you mess up and have to re-install windows - the auto-install
    version needs to be dloaded again - I gave up and dloaded the latter
    in the end. 60 odd meg I dloaed just to get a programme working which
    I'm not sure whether or not I'm still using. :(
    Waste of fucking time.

    " Politicians and Diapers should be changed with regularity, and for the same reasons. "
    paora, Aug 2, 2004
  7. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    Dogg, Aug 2, 2004
  8. Dogg wrote:

    > On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:53:30 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:
    >

    >>Dogg wrote:
    >>
    >>>The redistributable version
    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-62FE-4F61-ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en

    >>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
    >>posts it.
    >>I grabed it last week sometime.

    > Hey! You could have let the rest of us know! ;)

    I didnt think it was news worthy.

    I mean if we all started posting about any minor update of software,
    then this place would get pretty crowded...

    "oh yeah, version 1.27.80.aac of xGame came out.
    The updated the help menu, now it has the chicks married name."

    Rock on the update posts.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 2, 2004
  9. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:17:39 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >Dogg wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:53:30 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    >> <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
    >>>posts it.
    >>>I grabed it last week sometime.

    >> Hey! You could have let the rest of us know! ;)

    >I didnt think it was news worthy.
    >
    >I mean if we all started posting about any minor update of software,
    >then this place would get pretty crowded...
    >
    >"oh yeah, version 1.27.80.aac of xGame came out.
    >The updated the help menu, now it has the chicks married name."
    >
    >Rock on the update posts.

    My winking smiley face didn't work :(
    Dogg, Aug 2, 2004