    render without X installed?

    Thanks

    -Cam
    cameron, Jan 30, 2005

  2. *** cameron escribió/wrote (Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:00:57 -0600):
    > Is it possible to compile Firefox so that it can run without X? I am
    > setting up a kiosk type machine and would like to make it as lean as
    > possible and was thinking that if I could skip installing X it would be
    > sweet. Can Firefox, (if compiled with some special flags or whatever),
    > render without X installed?

    Maybe... But where is it supposed to _display_ the result?

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)
    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jan 30, 2005

  3. cameron

    cameron Guest

    Where does X display the result?

    -Cam

    cameron, Jan 31, 2005
  4. *** cameron escribió/wrote (Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:44:25 -0600):
    > Where does X display the result?

    Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand your needs.

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jan 31, 2005
  5. On 2005-01-30, Alvaro G. Vicario <> wrote:
    > *** cameron escribió/wrote (Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:00:57 -0600):
    >> Is it possible to compile Firefox so that it can run without X? I am
    >> setting up a kiosk type machine and would like to make it as lean as
    >> possible and was thinking that if I could skip installing X it would be
    >> sweet. Can Firefox, (if compiled with some special flags or whatever),
    >> render without X installed?

    > Maybe... But where is it supposed to _display_ the result?

    Frame buffer?

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Feb 1, 2005