direc to dvdr

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Brian Houghtby, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What is the
    easiest way to do this?

    Brian Houghtby, Apr 5, 2006

  2. On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:48:07 GMT, "Brian Houghtby"
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What is the
    >easiest way to do this?

    It depends on what means you have. I have a standalone ILO DVDR with
    an internal HD. I can play back from a DirecTivo to the DVDR,
    recording to the HD in real time, and later record from the HD to a
    DVD at high speed. That works pretty good, except you do lose a bit of
    quality going from digital to analog then back to digital on the DVD.

    I can also go from my (hacked) Tivo directly to my computer (at high
    speed), convert the file to mpeg, then burn to a DVD using Nero. That
    produces a somewhat better copy (no analog step). The tradeoffs are
    the second method is faster, but requires a lot of user interaction...
    the first method is slow and ties up the Tivo.... but you can set it
    up to transfer overnight.
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    Message board:
    http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.hoffpauir
    Mail list:
    http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/h/hoffpauir.html

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Brian Houghtby

    Richard C. Guest

    "Brian Houghtby" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What is
    > the easiest way to do this?

    ======================
    I did it all the time.
    Just read the manuals and use the S-Video connection.

    Richard C., Apr 5, 2006
  4. Brian Houghtby

    Biz Guest

    Its no different than recording from a VCR. YOu can do it with live
    recordings using a combination of timers, or if you have a DirecTivo, you
    can do it in realtime from DVR's hard drive....

    Biz, Apr 5, 2006
  5. On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:48:07 GMT, "Brian Houghtby"
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What is the
    >easiest way to do this?

    Hook up the DirecTv Video out to the DVR video in same with the audio
    cables . It is not rocket science you know.

    Fred C. Dobbs, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Brian Houghtby

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:53:56 -0700, Fred C. Dobbs <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:48:07 GMT, "Brian Houghtby"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What is the
    >>easiest way to do this?
    >>

    >Hook up the DirecTv Video out to the DVR video in same with the audio
    >cables . It is not rocket science you know.

    Many Tivos can be networked to a PC and the files transferred
    directly, once a decryption hack has been applied.

    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/

    ... Steve ..

    Steve, Apr 6, 2006
  7. Brian Houghtby

    John Guest

    "Brian Houghtby" <> wrote in

    > Anyone have any luck recording from DirecTV to a DVD recorder? What
    > is the easiest way to do this?

    I do it all the time. Hook the DVD recorder up to the directv the same as
    you would connect a VCR.

    John, Apr 9, 2006