Diplay/ Terminal Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Colin Rodgers, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Monitor Problems:

    Display:

    The display on my monitor is interrupted by black screens from time to time
    that last for about 1 second or so (fairly regularly) and the programs on
    screen go slow and often leave a bit of the last program up on the screen -
    it is often hard to change from program to program because of this.

    The problem is really bad when I am down loading messages e.g. from the
    internet or when I am changing from one program to another on the screen.

    Recent changes made:

    The most resent changes I have made to the system are updating to the latest
    NVIDIA Driver and installing DirectX 9c.

    Has anyone any suggestions to make to solve this problem?

    Colin

    Colin Rodgers, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Colin Rodgers

    DC Guest

    Colin Rodgers wrote:
    > Monitor Problems:

    > Display:

    > The display on my monitor is interrupted by black screens from time to time
    > that last for about 1 second or so (fairly regularly) and the programs on
    > screen go slow and often leave a bit of the last program up on the screen -
    > it is often hard to change from program to program because of this.

    > The problem is really bad when I am down loading messages e.g. from the
    > internet or when I am changing from one program to another on the screen.

    > Recent changes made:

    > The most resent changes I have made to the system are updating to the latest
    > NVIDIA Driver and installing DirectX 9c.

    So... have you rolled back the drivers?

    > Has anyone any suggestions to make to solve this problem?

    It could be any number of things. What is the CPU load when this
    happens? Do you run updated AV and anti-spyware software? What OS?
    If XP, have you tried a system restore?

    Provide more info. What *have* you tried?

    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

    DC, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Colin Rodgers

    Rob K Guest

    On 10 Mar 2005 23:56:58 GMT, DC wrote:

    <a calm reply, useful stuff>

    You were quicker than I was. You've obviously been shaving some parts of
    your body, as per a certain aquatic creature's advice in another NG ;)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13
    vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.

    Rob K, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Colin Rodgers

    DC Guest

    Rob K wrote:
    > On 10 Mar 2005 23:56:58 GMT, DC wrote:

    ><a calm reply, useful stuff>

    > You were quicker than I was. You've obviously been shaving some parts of
    > your body, as per a certain aquatic creature's advice in another NG ;)

    I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by that. }:Oo

    DC, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Colin Rodgers

    Rob K Guest

    On 11 Mar 2005 01:03:35 GMT, DC wrote:

    <snip>

    > I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by that. }:Oo

    I'll pretend I did not notice the "}" thingy ;)

    I was referring to a thread where you and B were discussing the question
    whether or not a female moose should have certain body parts, own to the
    female moose, shaved or not, IIRC. Some links were exchanged.

    "But of course, you already knew that"
    (The Oracle in the first Matrix movie)

    Rob K, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Colin Rodgers

    DC Guest

    Rob K wrote:
    > On 11 Mar 2005 01:03:35 GMT, DC wrote:

    ><snip>

    >> I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by that. }:Oo

    > I'll pretend I did not notice the "}" thingy ;)

    I'm smart enough to realize when someone is checking out my rack. };O)

    > I was referring to a thread where you and B were discussing the question
    > whether or not a female moose should have certain body parts, own to the
    > female moose, shaved or not, IIRC. Some links were exchanged.

    OH! That. <BG>

    DC, Mar 11, 2005
  7. DC wrote:
    > Rob K wrote:
    >> On 11 Mar 2005 01:03:35 GMT, DC wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>> I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by that. }:Oo

    >> I'll pretend I did not notice the "}" thingy ;)

    > I'm smart enough to realize when someone is checking out my rack. };O)

    <chuckle> Now *there's* something one rarely hears from a male. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 11, 2005
  8. Colin Rodgers

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> Rob K wrote:
    >>> On 11 Mar 2005 01:03:35 GMT, DC wrote:

    >>><snip>

    >>> I'll pretend I did not notice the "}" thingy ;)

    >> I'm smart enough to realize when someone is checking out my rack. };O)

    ><chuckle> Now *there's* something one rarely hears from a male. :)

    }:O)

    DC, Mar 11, 2005