    I used to use Dimension 4 time server agent but ever since I put two
    NICs in my machine it seems to have confused it. Are there any freeware
    alternatives you can recommended to get round the problem?

    Gnasher, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Gnasher

    T. Denford Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:42:17 GMT, Gnasher wrote:

    > I used to use Dimension 4 time server agent but ever since I put two
    > NICs in my machine it seems to have confused it. Are there any freeware
    > alternatives you can recommended to get round the problem?

    Try AboutTime (http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/)

    Website Quote:

    What is AboutTime?

    AboutTime is a superior source of time for your computer. As a time client,
    it will acquire time from the Internet with great accuracy, and as a server
    it will provide four kinds of time signals to other computers on your local
    network.

    AboutTime uses advanced signal-processing techniques to correct for network
    delays, making high accuracy possible even over a slow modem connection.

    In a local network with a copy of AboutTime installed on each machine, one
    can achieve + - 50 millisecond typical synchronization accuracies.

    AboutTime can be instructed to perform its tasks automatically, at startup
    or at chosen time intervals. It is a small program that can be run in the
    background without requiring many resources.

    AboutTime is compatible with all current Windows versions.

    AboutTime is now available in two versions:

    * for systems with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+ installed, and
    * for systems without MSIE 4.0+.

    The second version has auto-logon and auto-logoff disabled -- these
    features require MSIE 4.0+.

    --
    T. Denford.

    T. Denford, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Gnasher

    T. Denford Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:40:55 +0000, T. Denford wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:42:17 GMT, Gnasher wrote:
    >
    >> I used to use Dimension 4 time server agent but ever since I put two
    >> NICs in my machine it seems to have confused it. Are there any freeware
    >> alternatives you can recommended to get round the problem?

    > Try AboutTime (http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/)
    >
    > Website Quote:
    >
    > What is AboutTime?
    >
    > AboutTime is a superior source of time for your computer. As a time client,
    > it will acquire time from the Internet with great accuracy, and as a server
    > it will provide four kinds of time signals to other computers on your local
    > network.
    >
    > AboutTime uses advanced signal-processing techniques to correct for network
    > delays, making high accuracy possible even over a slow modem connection.
    >
    > In a local network with a copy of AboutTime installed on each machine, one
    > can achieve + - 50 millisecond typical synchronization accuracies.
    >
    > AboutTime can be instructed to perform its tasks automatically, at startup
    > or at chosen time intervals. It is a small program that can be run in the
    > background without requiring many resources.
    >
    > AboutTime is compatible with all current Windows versions.
    >
    > AboutTime is now available in two versions:
    >
    > * for systems with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+ installed, and
    > * for systems without MSIE 4.0+.
    >
    > The second version has auto-logon and auto-logoff disabled -- these
    > features require MSIE 4.0+.

    A quick google search brings up plenty of alternatives ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...icial&q=time synchronization freeware&spell=1

    HTH.

    --
    T. Denford.