    Not to mention the whole licensing can of worms. Would you have to redo
    Product Activation every time you rebooted? The whole idea is just too
    fraught to be much of a success.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 27, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-06-27, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > Boot Windows from a hot-pluggable USB drive
    ><http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3187>?
    >
    > As so many users have discovered the hard way
    ><http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/6b8ae959f6f323c3>, Windows
    > simply isn't designed to have a single installation be moved willy-nilly
    > between different hardware configurations.
    >
    > There's also the issue of app compatibility. I suspect most apps wouldn't
    > work. They tend to assume they're running off the C: drive. So the StartKey
    > installation pretends the USB drive is always the C: drive. How about during
    > the initial installation, which you'll probably be doing off a PC that
    > already has a C: drive?
    >
    > Not to mention the whole licensing can of worms. Would you have to redo
    > Product Activation every time you rebooted? The whole idea is just too
    > fraught to be much of a success.

    So why post?

    Bugger I have.

    Gordon, Jun 27, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2009-06-27, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >> Boot Windows from a hot-pluggable USB drive
    >> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3187>?
    >>
    >> As so many users have discovered the hard way
    >> <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/6b8ae959f6f323c3>, Windows
    >> simply isn't designed to have a single installation be moved willy-nilly
    >> between different hardware configurations.
    >>
    >> There's also the issue of app compatibility. I suspect most apps wouldn't
    >> work. They tend to assume they're running off the C: drive. So the StartKey
    >> installation pretends the USB drive is always the C: drive. How about during
    >> the initial installation, which you'll probably be doing off a PC that
    >> already has a C: drive?
    >>
    >> Not to mention the whole licensing can of worms. Would you have to redo
    >> Product Activation every time you rebooted? The whole idea is just too
    >> fraught to be much of a success.
    >>

    > So why post?
    >
    > Bugger I have.

    Take a look at all the past posts lawrence has made, he is just an
    attention seeking lamer, best to ignore any thing that has his name attached

    greg, Jun 27, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Mike Dee Guest

    Gordon <> wrote:

    > So why post?
    >
    > Bugger I have.

    Oh, thats just great. So I get to see the that cruddy shill's post, as
    well. Yet you managed to type "Bugger I have" *before* you posted it
    all un-snipped - marvelous. Thanks for eff-all. :-(

    Learn to use kill files FFS.

    --
    dee

    L'homme est, je vous l'avoue, un méchant animal. Ib. 5

    Mike Dee, Jun 27, 2009
  5. In message <>, Gordon wrote:

    > So why post?
    >
    > Bugger I have.

    Things a bit slow in your corner of Trollville? Looking to be plonked,
    maybe?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 27, 2009