    security.â€

    But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a “back
    door†in!

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 20, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Carnations Guest

    On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:51:36 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1562900/microsoft-denies-windows-door>:
    >
    > A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
    > Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
    > creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
    > security.â€
    >
    > But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
    > “back door†in!

    Trust Microsoft - the corporation that is on public record as even having lied to its own staff in order to
    meet its business purposes!!???

    Carnations, Nov 21, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    windows-door>:

    > A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
    > Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
    > creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
    > security.â€
    >
    > But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
    > “back door†in!

    Why use the back door when the front door is open?

    Roger_Nickel, Nov 21, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:50:07 +1200, Roger_Nickel wrote:

    >> But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
    >> “back door†in!

    > Why use the back door when the front door is open?

    Indeed why would you use that house to store your family treasures when the door to that house is
    unable to be locked shut?

    Carnations, Nov 21, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Biggles Guest

    windows-door>:

    > A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
    > Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
    > creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
    > security.â€
    >
    > But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
    > “back door†in!

    Seems the linux crowd dont know how to secure their OS either...

    http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/NSA-helps-Apple-Sun-and-Red-
    Hat-harden-their-systems-863889.html

    Wonder what back door code gets slipped in cough ................

    BigglesZZzz

    Biggles, Nov 27, 2009