    The irony of this, in a product that won't actually offer a direct upgrade
    path from XP, is interesting...

    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4241>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 28, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-04-28, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > So, now we know the secret weapon that will draw the teeming hordes to
    > upgrade to Windows 7: the fact that it can run just like XP!
    >
    > The irony of this, in a product that won't actually offer a direct upgrade
    > path from XP, is interesting...
    >
    ><http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4241>

    It is so simple. There is no need to upgrade from XP but you do upgrade from
    Vista

    Gordon, Apr 28, 2009

  3. In message <gt5o7p$1gd$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > So, now we know the secret weapon that will draw the teeming hordes to
    > upgrade to Windows 7: the fact that it can run just like XP!

    May have been an act of desperation, with some unexpected consequences:
    running two different Windows installations in one means two support burdens
    in one
    <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132177&intsrc=news_list>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 2, 2009
  4. In message <gtgv0j$l2v$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <gt5o7p$1gd$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> So, now we know the secret weapon that will draw the teeming hordes to
    >> upgrade to Windows 7: the fact that it can run just like XP!

    > May have been an act of desperation, with some unexpected consequences ...

    Quite a few: doesn't offer you the security you would expect from
    virtualization, as well as adding to the support burden
    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4303>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 5, 2009