    center object would appear well to the right and slightly below center in
    the photo. What was worse, the whole image was rotated clockwise.

    Can anyone with a new Xt comment on whether these problems have been fixed?
    Matthew Halfant, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Matthew Halfant

    Pat_M. Guest

    The Xt manual lists the problem, "subject appears too far to the right
    in the image", in the trouble shooting section. The cause is,
    "Viewfinder was used for framing. Parallax is apparent with subjects
    closer than 3ft at the zoom's wide-angel position or 10ft at the
    telephoto position. The solution, "Only use the LCD monitor for
    framing with close subjects." I mainly use the display so haven't run
    into this problem myself. Haven't seen anything rotated.

    Pat

    Pat_M., Aug 18, 2003

  3. Matthew Halfant

    Pat_M. Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:26:43 GMT, "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    []

    >I used the Xt quite a bit this weekend, outdoors in bright sun for the most
    >part. I got used to there being nearly no hope of seeing anything on the
    >monitor: image, status information was a mystery. Most of what I framed in
    >the viewfinder was OK. ]

    It helps a little bit to turn up the brightness of the monitor screen.
    Also, wearing a wide brimmed hat can help a little too. I wear clip-on
    sunglasses with the uv protection and found that I have to flip them
    up to see the monitor. Yesterday I took a couple of pics thru the car
    windshield, which had a lot of glare on it. I took off the sunglasses
    and held them against the front of the camera, covering the lens. They
    did a fair job of cutting the glare cutting the glare in the resulting
    pick. I'm thinking about experimenting with colored bits of plastic as
    filters held in front of the lens.

    []
    >Good pictures, good little movies with amazingly good sound. Inept operator.

    []

    I agree! As a newbie to digital cameras and just wanting something
    simple for snapshots, I'm very happy with the Xt.

    Pat
    Pat_M., Aug 19, 2003