    Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
    but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
    from only updates. Any suggestions?
    manjushri, Feb 17, 2005

  2. manjushri

    tomcas Guest

    manjushri wrote:
    > Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
    > but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
    > from only updates. Any suggestions?

    Please excuse my ignorance but why do you need viewer software? Can't
    you just pop the CF card in a reader and view with almost any
    viewer,like Irfanview.
    tomcas, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Don't bother. It's nothing special. Get Picasa 2 for free from Google
    and be happy.

    Philip

    Philip Procter, Feb 17, 2005
  4. manjushri

    C J Campbell Guest

    "manjushri" <> wrote in message
    > Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
    > but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
    > from only updates. Any suggestions?

    I think you would be better served by getting Photoshop 3.

    Picasa 2 does not have the image editing capabilities found in DiMAGE Viewer
    and it tends to replace your file system. Photoshop 3 has every capability
    the Viewer had and a great deal more.
    C J Campbell, Feb 17, 2005
  5. manjushri

    manjushri Guest

    thanks for the info....picasa and photoshop have both been recommended
    to me. Think i will go with photoshop.....just wasn't sure if raw
    images from the camera could be imported and manipulated in
    photoshop....herad somewhere that they had to be imported via the
    viewer software first.
    manjushri, Feb 18, 2005