    I've tried everything that i can think of :
    Please can someone help
    Thanks
    JS, May 5, 2006

  2. JS wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm having a nightmare !!
    > I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
    > recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but then
    > an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied the
    > request to install or upgrade this device'
    > I've tried everything that i can think of :
    > Please can someone help
    > Thanks

    try installing with your AntiVirus software turned off
    Ian Ozenthroat, May 6, 2006

  3. JS

    JS Guest

    There is no anti-virus on this machine.

    JS, May 6, 2006
  4. JS

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "JS" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm having a nightmare !!
    > I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
    > recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but
    > then an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied the
    > request to install or upgrade this device'
    > I've tried everything that i can think of :
    > Please can someone help
    > Thanks

    Go from Start to Run, type in services.msc, click OK and when the list of
    services appears, check that the Windows Image Ac is set for "automatic" or
    "manual". This, however, is just speculation on my part.
    Mark Mandell, May 6, 2006