DIMA Shootouts

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert E. Williams, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. The Digital Imaging Marketing Assn. is holding its 2004 Conference in
    Las Vegas on February 10-11
    One of the Feature Attractions is a Digital Camera Shootout.
    A single Photographer shoots the same subject, same lighting,
    .....everything the same except the digital camera itself.
    All images will be printed on the same printer and judged by a panel of
    digital imaging professionals.
    The images and the rankings will be posted on the convention floor.
    I hope that the Sigma SD-10 and Canon Rebel or Canon 10D are among the
    ones tested.
    That should provide fodder for endless discussions in this NG. ;-)
    I'm not sure how they would test images captured in RAW (or equivalent)
    format, because the post processing is somewhat subjective. But I
    suspect they will have some way to handle this in an even handed manner.

    They have a similar Shootout for Digital Printers.
    Man! I'd love to be there at the convention but I'm not a member of
    DIMA.
    If any of you folks are DIMA members or hear about the results of the
    shutouts, please keep us up to date on the results.
    Visit :http://dima2004.pmai.org/
    And Click on the DIMA link
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Robert E. Williams

    Savidge4 Guest

    >The Digital Imaging Marketing Assn. is holding its 2004 Conference in
    >Las Vegas on February 10-11
    >One of the Feature Attractions is a Digital Camera Shootout.
    >A single Photographer shoots the same subject, same lighting,
    >....everything the same except the digital camera itself.
    >All images will be printed on the same printer and judged by a panel of
    >digital imaging professionals.
    >The images and the rankings will be posted on the convention floor.
    >I hope that the Sigma SD-10 and Canon Rebel or Canon 10D are among the
    >ones tested.
    >That should provide fodder for endless discussions in this NG. ;-)
    >I'm not sure how they would test images captured in RAW (or equivalent)
    >format, because the post processing is somewhat subjective. But I
    >suspect they will have some way to handle this in an even handed manner.
    >
    >They have a similar Shootout for Digital Printers.
    >Man! I'd love to be there at the convention but I'm not a member of
    >DIMA.
    >If any of you folks are DIMA members or hear about the results of the
    >shutouts, please keep us up to date on the results.
    >Visit :http://dima2004.pmai.org/
    >And Click on the DIMA link
    >Bob Williams

    Hey there Bob, if you really want to goto the show, you know you can right?
    you can go onto the website and register for the show as a non-member. I used
    to live in Vegas and goto all kinds of shows. Just remember it is cheaper to
    register online, than it is at the show door!

    Savidge4, Jan 21, 2004