Dim NAT question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Han Nibal, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Han Nibal

    Han Nibal Guest

    I have a border router doing NAT using the overload keyword. Using this
    configuration on 12.1.27b, I was able to connect to a remote vpn connection
    from a computer on the internal network to a remote network (nat
    inside/outside). This worked for the IPSec tunnel but didn't allow for any
    traffic through the tunnel. The configuration was as follows:

    ip nat inside source list IP_NAT_LIST interface FastEthernet0/1 overload

    ip access-list standard IP_NAT_LIST
    permit 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255

    I then upgraded to 12.3.16a and added the following line to the
    configuration:

    ip nat service fullrange udp port 500
    ip nat inside source list IP_NAT_LIST interface FastEthernet0/1 overload

    ip access-list standard IP_NAT_LIST
    permit 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255

    Now all traffic is being sent over the tunnel. I think I understand what
    happened here but I wonder if someone with more expertise would enlighten
    me, many thanks in advance.
    Han Nibal, Nov 7, 2006