    My laptop LCD suddenly became very dim (too dim to use). What could cause
    this and is it easy to fix?

    Gary

    Gary Glencross, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Gary Glencross

    dennis Guest

    "Gary Glencross" <> wrote in message
    news:den863$d9o$-infra.bt.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My laptop LCD suddenly became very dim (too dim to use). What could cause
    > this and is it easy to fix?
    >
    > Gary

    It is most likely the backlight(s). These are basically skinny long tubes
    that resemble flourescent lights that usually run on two opposing sides of a
    display (some have only one.) They can go bad and cause a very dim display.
    They are fairly simple to replace. Check out
    http://laptops.home.att.net/lcd-repair.htm

    I don't sponsor these guys in any way, I merely found them by doing a google
    search using 'laptop backlight'.

    Good luck
    Dennis

    dennis, Aug 26, 2005