Digitor no longer working as 2nd monitor

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Boppy, Jul 29, 2009.

  1. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    Hi guys, since yesterday my Asus Notebook and Digitor TV have stopped
    communicating. The TV works fine with SKy and VCR, and also as a
    monitor for my desktop PC.

    The notebook also works fine with the desktop monitor plugged in as a
    secondary.

    I've tried a couple of different VGA cables to no avail. I haven't
    changed display settings in the last couple of days.Am using Vista
    SP2.

    When I plug the monitor into the notebook I get the "new hardware
    found" ding noise but the monitor simply doesn't recognise that it's
    plugged into a computer.

    Can anyone suggest how I can get the Digitor working as a monitor
    again?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo

    Boppy, Jul 29, 2009

  2. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    On Jul 29, 4:55 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    > Hi guys, since yesterday my Asus Notebook and Digitor TV have stopped
    > communicating. The TV works fine with SKy and VCR, and also as a
    > monitor for my desktop PC.
    >
    > The notebook also works fine with the desktop monitor plugged in as a
    > secondary.
    >
    > I've tried a couple of different VGA cables to no avail. I haven't
    > changed display settings in the last couple of days.Am using Vista
    > SP2.
    >
    > When I plug the monitor into the notebook I get the "new hardware
    > found" ding noise but the monitor simply doesn't recognise that it's
    > plugged into a computer.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest how I can get the Digitor working as a monitor
    > again?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    Never mind, sorted this - was something weird about Ultramon disabling
    secondary monitor.

    Boppy, Jul 29, 2009

  3. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    On Jul 30, 10:45 am, "geoff" <> wrote:
    > Boppy wrote:
    > > On Jul 29, 4:55 pm, Boppy <> wrote:

    > > Never mind, sorted this - was something weird about Ultramon disabling
    > > secondary monitor.

    > Glad it worked out.  I was about to unhelpfully suggest that you shouldn't
    > be surprised when anything 'Digitor' ceases to function  ;-)
    >
    > geoff

    Thanks Geoff, this is actually quite a good little set, 17 inch
    flatscreen from Dick Smith.
    Weirdly the problem was a setting in Ultramon but Ultramon wasn't even
    running at the time.
    Jo

    Boppy, Jul 30, 2009