    on the HD. My Sony handycam will digitize VHS output but the one hour
    digital tapes will not hold a complete 2 hour VHS filming. I :need to go
    directly from VHS to storage in the computer. .

    mr_ed, Jul 8, 2004

  2. mr_ed

    Chet Guest

    You need a video capture device with associated software. I am a little but
    familiar with the Pinnacle Systems product line but don't necessarily
    recommend theirs over others. See the info at their site:

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=2252&Langue_ID=7

    This particular one interfaces via your USB 2.0 port but there are others
    that communicate via firewire or other types of connections.

    "mr_ed" <> wrote in message
    > Roxio 5 takes analog sound from any source and digitizes it for storage on
    > the HD, and for creating audio CDs. My question; is there software or
    > hardware for digitizing the video/sound from an analog VHS tape for

    storage

    Chet, Jul 9, 2004

  3. mr_ed

    Brad Griffis Guest

    I've got the ATI All-in-Wonder card. It does video capture and also allows
    you to turn your computer into a Tivo. I've used my wonder card to capture
    video and then make a dvd out of it. You will need other software as well.
    It adds up quickly!

    If you're looking ONLY to turn VHS into DVD then you should look for a
    stand-alone piece of hardware to do it. It will probably be around the same
    price as buying all the necessary software and hardware and will be WAY
    easier.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Jul 9, 2004
  4. mr_ed

    ProfGene Guest

    There are a couple pieces of hardware from Ads, one of which I use for
    transferring video tape to computer for editing. The device I bought is
    called Ads video express but the other device they sell will compless the
    video and audio to either MPEG, 1,2,3, or 4 and mp4 would allow you to
    store an awful lot of video with sound in digital form. Of course all
    compression costs fidelity so you might see which format is acceptable to
    you.

    ProfGene, Jul 11, 2004