    Reg Guest

    Does anyone know if digitalbits has bit the dust? Couldn't get to it
    yesterday, today I get something called Chandlerpages. Thanks
    Reg, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Me too!!

    Very strange

    Grease Monkey, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Reg

    Stan Jensen Guest

    I know they moved servers last week, so there could be some routing
    problems.

    I was on it around 4.30, ans everything was okay.
    Stan Jensen, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Reg

    Smaug69 Guest

    From somewhere over there "Grease Monkey" <spamf**>
    mumbled incoherently:

    >Me too!!
    >
    >Very strange

    The Digital Bits got hacked some time today. I don't know when they
    will get things back in order, but it's rather interesting to note
    that this happened just days after they shifted over to another
    server.

    --
    I know no one can do me no harm because Joy is a hot revolver,
    and he is afraid of the monkeys who are in possession of the
    Smaug69, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Reg

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:52:52 GMT, Reg wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Does anyone know if digitalbits has bit the dust? Couldn't get to it
    > yesterday, today I get something called Chandlerpages.

    www.digitalbits.com and www.thedigitalbits.com both work fine for me
    (Nov 19 2003 -- 04:27 GMT).

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)
    Codswallop, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Reg

    Mike McGee Guest

    Mike McGee, Nov 19, 2003
  7. maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
    something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
    address would re-route to some damn search site

    Ratmaster2000, Nov 19, 2003
  8. Reg

    AAbrams0264 Guest

    Go to the DVD Planet site and click on "The Rumor Mill" and you will get onto
    the site.
    AAbrams0264, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Reg

    Bob Guest

    "Ratmaster2000" <>
    wrote in message news:HrFub.242998$HS4.2150686@attbi_s01...
    > maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
    > something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
    > address would re-route to some damn search site

    I agree. Definitely sounds like a DNS hack on end user computers rather
    than The Digital Bits site itself being hacked. I've had no problems
    getting to The Digital Bits' site. The search engine DNS hack trick is a
    pretty common problem.

    Users not able to visit The Digital Bits should do a file search in C: for
    anything named "hosts" and view the file in Notepad. The file could be in
    the Windows directory or other places yet still be able to work. Here is
    text I saved from a "hosts" file that keeps you from visiting any leading
    search engine sites (the redirected IP still works too):

    127.127.127.127 elite
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com
    64.191.95.139 google.com
    64.191.95.139 www.altavista.com
    64.191.95.139 altavista.com
    64.191.95.139 search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 uk.search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 ca.search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 jp.search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 au.search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 de.search.yahoo.com
    64.191.95.139 search.yahoo.co.jp
    64.191.95.139 www.lycos.de
    64.191.95.139 www.lycos.ca
    64.191.95.139 www.lycos.jp
    64.191.95.139 www.lycos.co.jp
    64.191.95.139 alltheweb.com
    64.191.95.139 web.ask.com
    64.191.95.139 ask.com
    64.191.95.139 www.ask.com
    64.191.95.139 www.teoma.com
    64.191.95.139 search.aol.com
    64.191.95.139 www.looksmart.com
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com
    64.191.95.139 ca.search.msn.com
    64.191.95.139 fr.ca.search.msn.com
    64.191.95.139 search.fr.msn.be
    64.191.95.139 search.fr.msn.ch
    64.191.95.139 search.latam.yupimsn.com
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.at
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.be
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.ch
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.in
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.jp
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.kr
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.br
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.hk
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.my
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.sg
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.tw
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.za
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.de
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.dk
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.es
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.fi
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.fr
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.it
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.nl
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.no
    64.191.95.139 search.msn.se
    64.191.95.139 search.ninemsn.com.au
    64.191.95.139 search.t1msn.com.mx
    64.191.95.139 search.xtramsn.co.nz
    64.191.95.139 search.yupimsn.com
    64.191.95.139 uk.search.msn.com
    64.191.95.139 search.lycos.com
    64.191.95.139 www.lycos.com
    64.191.95.139 www.google.ca
    64.191.95.139 google.ca
    64.191.95.139 www.google.uk
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.uk
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.au
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.jp
    64.191.95.139 www.google.jp
    64.191.95.139 www.google.at
    64.191.95.139 www.google.be
    64.191.95.139 www.google.ch
    64.191.95.139 www.google.de
    64.191.95.139 www.google.dk
    64.191.95.139 www.google.fi
    64.191.95.139 www.google.fr
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.gr
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.hk
    64.191.95.139 www.google.ie
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.il
    64.191.95.139 www.google.it
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.kr
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.mx
    64.191.95.139 www.google.nl
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.nz
    64.191.95.139 www.google.pl
    64.191.95.139 www.google.pt
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.ru
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.sg
    64.191.95.139 www.google.co.th
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.tr
    64.191.95.139 www.google.com.tw
    64.191.95.139 google.at
    64.191.95.139 google.be
    64.191.95.139 google.de
    64.191.95.139 google.dk
    64.191.95.139 google.fi
    64.191.95.139 google.fr
    64.191.95.139 google.com.hk
    64.191.95.139 google.ie
    64.191.95.139 google.co.il
    64.191.95.139 google.it
    64.191.95.139 google.co.kr
    64.191.95.139 google.com.mx
    64.191.95.139 google.nl
    64.191.95.139 google.co.nz
    64.191.95.139 google.pl
    64.191.95.139 google.com.ru
    64.191.95.139 google.com.sg
    64.191.95.139 www.hotbot.com
    64.191.95.139 hotbot.com
    Bob, Nov 20, 2003
  10. Reg

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:19:44 GMT, Bob wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
    >> something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
    >> address would re-route to some damn search site

    > I agree. Definitely sounds like a DNS hack on end user computers
    > rather than The Digital Bits site itself being hacked. I've had no
    > problems getting to The Digital Bits' site. The search engine DNS
    > hack trick is a pretty common problem.

    If the original poster can access:

    http://216.190.127.201/

    but not

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

    then you are right. If that's the case, the original poster should
    "ping thedigitalbits.com" and see what the IP address listed is. If
    it's not the one above then either you have what Bob mentioned, or your
    ISP has messed, or someone further upstream has messed up.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)
    Codswallop, Nov 20, 2003
  11. Reg

    Reg Guest

    What ever the problem was, it was a one day problem. I tried several times
    the day I posted and kept getting that other site, the next day everything
    was fine. Thanks for the suggestions.

    Reg, Nov 20, 2003