    Thanks,
    Jim Jeter
    Aliso Viejo, CA

    Jim Jeter, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Jim Jeter

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 20-Nov-2003, (Jim Jeter) wrote:

    > Has anyone attempted to put a larger HDD in their Minds@Work Digital
    > Wallet? I'm tempted to try it but would like to know if it's possible
    > and if the firmware will support a larger drive.

    I was told by the company, when it was still in business that no upgrading
    was possible. The firmware would not support a larger drive, nor would the
    filesystem. I would think you would be taking it on your own to do it. If
    it were me, I wouldn't go to an extremely larger drive. I would stick to
    something within reason. Find out exactly which filesystem the drive uses
    and try something that accepts that filesystem in it's entirety. You may be
    wasting your money.

    Harry

    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto:

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Jim Jeter

    Jim Jeter Guest

    "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message news:<D0cvb.71142$-kc.rr.com>...
    > On 20-Nov-2003, (Jim Jeter) wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone attempted to put a larger HDD in their Minds@Work Digital
    > > Wallet? I'm tempted to try it but would like to know if it's possible
    > > and if the firmware will support a larger drive.

    > I was told by the company, when it was still in business that no upgrading
    > was possible. The firmware would not support a larger drive, nor would the
    > filesystem. I would think you would be taking it on your own to do it. If
    > it were me, I wouldn't go to an extremely larger drive. I would stick to
    > something within reason. Find out exactly which filesystem the drive uses
    > and try something that accepts that filesystem in it's entirety. You may be
    > wasting your money.
    >
    > Harry

    Harry, Thanks for the reply but since the thing already has a 4GB HDD
    should mean that it supports FAT32. I don't know yet whether I'll try
    it but I was hoping that someone else had done it successfully.
    Again, thanks.
    ....Jim

    Jim Jeter, Nov 21, 2003