    one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    please.

    , Nov 3, 2007

  2. Pat Guest

    On Nov 3, 8:56 am, wrote:
    > i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
    > between £200 and £300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
    > connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
    > am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    > one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    > please.

    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that you
    need to connect an "external lens"? Do you mean that you need to
    replace the lens with a different one -- like an SLR in photography --
    or that you need to connect the camera to another camera and use the
    camera as just a recorder -- in which case you might do better just
    buying a dedicated recorder.

    In any case, check www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll see what generally
    available. However, it seems to me that your budget might be a little
    low.

    Pat, Nov 3, 2007

  3. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
    between £200 and £300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
    connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
    am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    please.

    I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
    quality sound.If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
    ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
    then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
    do you mean by external lens?
    HTH,

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Nov 4, 2007
  4. On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    wrote:

    > I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    > external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    > why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
    > quality sound.

    If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
    remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
    less noise than on-camera mikes.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  5. On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  6. On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  7. Guest

    On 5 Nov, 16:31, Don Stauffer in Minnesota <>
    wrote:
    > On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    > > external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    > > why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
    > > quality sound.

    > If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
    > remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
    > less noise than on-camera mikes.
    >
    > If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
    >

    > > ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
    > > then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
    > > do you mean by external lens?
    > > HTH,

    > > --
    > > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > > major in electrical engineering
    > > mechanized infantry reservist
    > > hordad AT otenet DOT gr- Hide quoted text -

    my requirement is to use the camera mainly as a point and shoot to
    capture family video etc but the analouge in is to attach a remote
    lens and mic so the camera cn be mounted inboard in safety in the f2
    sidecar i race and the external lens can be mounted on the fairing and
    the mike near the exhaust. hope this makes my requirements and usage
    more clear. i have decided on mini dv due to the vibrations on the
    sidecar which may cause a dvd or hard drive to jump. thought about
    just a recorder but want to use the camera for family stuff too.

    , Nov 6, 2007