    Which should I go for and Why?

    Should I wait and if so for how long?

    Dave

    Me At Home, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Christina S Cericola wrote:
    > I was just at a photography Workshop on Long Island and talked to people who
    > owned both. The D100 seemes to have focusing problems, unless you have very,
    > very good nikon, nikkor af lenses.

    Well, this is pure and utter bullshit. My D100 does not have focusing
    problems. While it's true that it's FASTER and QUIETER with my AFS lens
    then my el-cheapo 75-300 I never have problems with focus.

    Andrew McDonald, Aug 20, 2003

  3. "Me At Home" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a budget of about £1500 (UK Pounds) to get a new Digital SLR.
    >
    > I already have a Nikon F75 film camera + lenses so I am looking at either
    > the S2 Pro or D100.
    >
    > Which should I go for and Why?
    >
    > Should I wait and if so for how long?

    I just bought an S2 this friday after much debate and wavering between the
    two. I haven't had much time with a d100, but I can tell you I have taken
    some stunning photos with the S2.

    What's really beautiful is it's firewire connection - It took me less than a
    minute to download 320 MB to an Emac at work, and 7 minutes to download from
    my USB 1.1 cardreader to PC at home.

    One small problem. I've already burned through my first set of alkalines
    after about 400 photos. I've just put in my new Sunpack 2000 mAh NiMH
    batteries in today, so I'm curious as to how well they will work.

    Thanks to all those who helped me out, by the way.

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Me At Home

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    "Andrew McDonald" <> wrote in message
    > Christina S Cericola wrote:
    > > I was just at a photography Workshop on Long Island and talked to people

    who
    > > owned both. The D100 seemes to have focusing problems, unless you have

    very,
    > > very good nikon, nikkor af lenses.

    > Well, this is pure and utter bullshit. My D100 does not have focusing
    > problems. While it's true that it's FASTER and QUIETER with my AFS lens
    > then my el-cheapo 75-300 I never have problems with focus.

    Same here - no D100 focusing problems with either my Tamron 28-300mm or
    Tamron 19-35mm. I'm sure it would be a lot faster with Nikkor AF-S lenses,
    but those are out of my budget for now. The only time I've seen the D100
    balk is when attempting to take a dark image with the focus-assist light
    turned off.

    I think one of the better advantages to the D100 is the battery. I don't
    know how many pictures you can get with the S2 on a set of batteries, but
    the EN-EL3 battery in the D100 easily gets 400+ images per charge for me. I
    have shot all day with two batteries and always had more power to go... :)

    Chris Hoopes, Aug 20, 2003