Digital Signature SP1RC1 2003 Server.

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Nergalsharazer, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Is sp1 rc1 for the 2003 server products supposed to have a digital
    signature. I just downloaded it and my download doesn't have one.

    Nergalsharazer, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Nergalsharazer

    Wayne Guest

    Why would it have one? It's an executable than expands into a multitude of
    different files, some of those may be digitally signed, some may not. Or are
    you asking why there's no MD5 hash or similar?

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    Wayne, Dec 9, 2004

  3. XP sp1 and sp2 have digital signatures. If a file has a digital signature
    that is valid, doesn't that mean that the file has not been tampered with?
    If this is the case, that is why I ask, I don't want to apply a service pack
    to my machine that has been tampered with in transit.

    Nergalsharazer, Dec 13, 2004