Digital Rebel XT books?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by lphilpot, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. lphilpot

    lphilpot Guest

    I'm very close to ordering a Digital Rebel XT and am thinking of
    getting a
    book to go along with it. Ideally, the book should cover the camera on
    technical basis (beyond the owner's manual, which I've downloaded and
    am
    reading in advance of the purchase) as well as on a creative /
    technique
    basis.

    Here are three I've seen recommended here and there, but I'm sure
    there
    are more. Has anyone read these and can compare them? Any feedback is
    highly welcomed.

    The Complete Guide to Canon's Digital Rebels (XT / 350D and XTi /
    400D)
    DSLR Cameras by Gary Friedman
    www.friedmanarchives.com/rebels/index.htm
    This is a downloadable ebook, also available printed on-demand at
    significantly higher price

    DSLR: Canon Digital Rebel XT / EOS 350D by Peter iNova
    www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-blog/05/10/digital-rebel-xt-help-book.html
    Also an ebook, available apparently on CD-ROM only, no downloads

    Canon EOS Digital Rebel Digital Field Guide by Charlotte K. Lowrie
    www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764588133/futura-20/
    This is cheap at Amazon, but apparently is for the 300D only?

    Thanks!
    lphilpot, Jun 23, 2007

  2. lphilpot

    Conrad Guest

    Hi,

    On Jun 22, 4:59 pm, lphilpot <> wrote:

    > I'm very close to ordering a Digital Rebel XT and am thinking of
    > getting a
    > book to go along with it. Ideally, the book should cover the camera on
    > technical basis (beyond the owner's manual, which I've downloaded and
    > am
    > reading in advance of the purchase)<<

    A book that I have found useful in operating my Canon 350XT is "Canon
    EOS Digital Rebel XTEOS 350D" by Michael Guncheon (part of the Magic
    Lantern series guides at $19.95). For me, this has been more useful
    than the manual that came with the camera.

    Best,

    Conrad
    Conrad, Jun 23, 2007