    or none at all. Any info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks,

    Chris

    CRD, Oct 13, 2004

  2. CRD

    Edward Holt Guest

    "CRD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Is the Canon Digital Rebel able to shoot time lapse shots (1 frame every 5
    > secs or so), and if yes, does it automatically put them into a movie form
    > for you like some P&S's, or is there another program?
    >
    > I've been searching the internet and newsgroup archives for a while trying
    > to find a definitive answer. Seems I'm either getting conflicting answers,
    > or none at all. Any info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Chris

    You can certainly get the camera to take picutures in predefined intervals
    when it is connected to a PC via USB.

    Edward Holt, Oct 13, 2004

  3. CRD

    GT40 Guest

    You can use a computer to trip the camera, or I think you maybe able
    to use a Pocket Wizard

    GT40, Oct 13, 2004
  4. CRD

    Guest

    "CRD" <> wrote:

    > I've been searching the internet and newsgroup archives for a while trying
    > to find a definitive answer. Seems I'm either getting conflicting answers,
    > or none at all.

    Eh?

    www.google.com: canon digital rebel time lapse

    First hit (right at the top):

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eos300d.asp?dontcount=1

    Which says (it's even right there on the google result if you can't
    bring yourself to click on the link):

    "Time-lapse recording, Yes, by USB cable and [PC]."

    Total search time is dominated by typing the (frankly obvious) search
    phrase. Maybe a second or two?

    Construction of a movie:

    www.google.com: how to make a movie from jpeg images

    Is not obviously productive. You can grunge around in those results
    for a few minutes, or try changing "a movie" to "an animation". In
    either case, you'll find the keywords that can help narrow the search.

    http://www.google.ca/help/index.html

    (Hint: Making a QuickTime movie from JPEG stills is a fairly
    straightforward programming job.)

    A much more interesting question: does the 300D/Rebel possess the USB
    or CF bandwidth to take a picture every five seconds? I know that the
    10D has trouble with one of Canon's fancy-ass TC-80N3 timer-remote
    controls faster than about 1 frame/8 seconds or so, but that is mainly
    (I think) because of problems with how the remote interacts with the
    10D, and not the 10D per se.

    , Oct 13, 2004
  5. CRD

    Hils Guest

    CRD wrote

    >Is the Canon Digital Rebel able to shoot time lapse shots (1 frame every 5
    >secs or so), and if yes, does it automatically put them into a movie form
    >for you like some P&S's, or is there another program?

    The TC-80N3 will fire the camera at regular intervals. I'm not aware of
    the incompatibility mentioned elsewhere, but you'll probably need to set
    the camera to shoot low-res JPEGs to get enough pics on one memory card,
    and this may also reduce data bottlenecks.

    For free and functional JPG to AVI software, try PhotoLapse.

    http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen/index.html

    --
    Hil

    Hils, Oct 14, 2004
  6. CRD

    RTJ Guest

    "CRD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Is the Canon Digital Rebel able to shoot time lapse shots (1 frame every 5
    > secs or so), and if yes, does it automatically put them into a movie form
    > for you like some P&S's, or is there another program?

    One comment - don't forget to set shutter speed, aperture (and white
    balance !!! - if you use jpegs) manually while you're doing such shots ;-))

    --
    Regards
    Romek

    RTJ, Oct 14, 2004
  7. Hils wrote:

    > CRD wrote
    >
    > >Is the Canon Digital Rebel able to shoot time lapse shots...

    > The TC-80N3 will fire the camera at regular intervals....

    The DRebel cannot use the TC-80N3.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Oct 14, 2004
  8. CRD

    Hils Guest

    Dave Herzstein wrote

    >The DRebel cannot use the TC-80N3.

    I stand corrected. Can it use a remote release of any sort?

    --
    Hil

    Hils, Oct 15, 2004
  9. Hils wrote:
    > >The DRebel cannot use the TC-80N3.

    > I stand corrected. Can it use a remote release of any sort?

    The DRebel can use the RS-60E3 (wired remote with a 2.5mm
    headphone-style plug) and the RC-5 (wireless). I think that the RDrebel
    can also be software-controlled through the USB connection - the answer
    to the OP's question.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Oct 15, 2004
  10. CRD

    louis xiv Guest

    "Hils" <> wrote in message
    > Dave Herzstein wrote
    >
    >>The DRebel cannot use the TC-80N3.

    > I stand corrected. Can it use a remote release of any sort?
    >
    > --
    > Hil

    The 300D can use RC-1 and RC-5. The advantage of the former is that it is
    immediate whereas the RC-5 has a 2 second delay. Check Ebay.

    louis xiv, Oct 15, 2004