    it has virtually no shutter noise or thump?

    is this normal or did I get a bad camera?

    Wayne

    wayne, May 25, 2004

  2. wayne

    wayne Guest

    Found the answer to my own question!

    It was the pop up flash popping up!

    With my eye to the lens I didn't realize it was doing it by itself until I
    played with it quite a bit!

    Wayne

    "wayne" <> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a Digital Rebel and like the camera but I have noticed

    that
    > the Shutter is fairly noisy and has a bit of a thump when taking a

    picture.

    wayne, May 25, 2004

  3. wayne

    John Tucker Guest

    wayne wrote:
    > Found the answer to my own question!
    >
    > It was the pop up flash popping up!
    >
    > With my eye to the lens I didn't realize it was doing it by itself
    > until I played with it quite a bit!

    LOL! :)

    John Tucker, May 25, 2004
  4. wayne

    Searching_ut Guest

    You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
    capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
    popped up that I almost dropped the thing.

    The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
    can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
    blame on the shutter. Since the camera does such a good job with low light
    however, I do find myself often trying to handhold shots I really shouldn't
    expect to be able to capture.

    For what it's worth

    Jeff

    Searching_ut, May 25, 2004
  5. "Searching_ut" <> wrote in message news:<DxCsc.9620$>...
    > You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
    > capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
    > popped up that I almost dropped the thing.
    >
    > The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
    > can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
    > blame on the shutter.

    No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

    Georgette Preddy, May 25, 2004
  6. "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't

    matter.

    Nonsense.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, May 25, 2004
  7. wayne

    Guest

    In message <DxCsc.9620$>,
    "Searching_ut" <> wrote:

    >You've got to watch that flash. I can't help but thinking it has the
    >capability of hurting someone. Mine scared me enough the first time it
    >popped up that I almost dropped the thing.

    After a year of owning a 10D, I decided to play with the fully-automatic
    "green TV screen" mode. I had a visored hat on, which I usually reverse
    for flash photography (not for hip-hop style), and I took a shot and the
    builtin flash banged against my visor repeatedly until I took my finger
    off the shutter button. Scared the crap out of me. The camera said "OS
    error", and I rebooted it.

    >The mirror/shutter seems kind of loud on the DRebel to me personally, but I
    >can't honestly say I've ever experienced camera shake/blur that I could
    >blame on the shutter. Since the camera does such a good job with low light
    >however, I do find myself often trying to handhold shots I really shouldn't
    >expect to be able to capture.

    The loss is real. I can hand-hold my Sony F707 at 3/efl (equivalent
    focal length), and without IS, only about 1/efl, without a chance of
    significant blur. It's almost like losing the IS benefit.

    I really wish I had a camera body to use my sharp Canon lenses on that
    was as still as my F707.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , May 27, 2004
  8. wayne

    Guest

    In message <>,
    (Georgette Preddy) wrote:

    >No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

    Wrong, fool. You can see sub-pixel motion blur on bayer cameras.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , May 27, 2004
  9. wrote in message news:<>...
    > In message <>,
    > (Georgette Preddy) wrote:
    >
    > >No MLU either, fortunately with Bayer interpolation it really doesn't matter.

    > Wrong, fool. You can see sub-pixel motion blur on bayer cameras.

    Blur within the blur. How interesting.

    No MLU = amateurs only

    Georgette Preddy, May 29, 2004
  10. Charles Schuler, May 29, 2004
  11. "wayne" <> wrote in message news:<LEvsc.37949$zw.850@attbi_s01>...
    > I just purchased a Digital Rebel and like the camera but I have noticed that
    > the Shutter is fairly noisy and has a bit of a thump when taking a picture.
    > I don't know if this is normal or not. I have the 35mm EOS Rebel body and
    > it has virtually no shutter noise or thump?
    >
    > is this normal or did I get a bad camera?

    People in Canon formums are reporting that the 10D's mirror is prone
    to falling out, hopefully the cheaper rebel has a somewhat different
    design.

    Georgette Preddy, May 30, 2004

    Georgette Preddy, May 30, 2004
  13. wayne

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Georgette Preddy <> wrote:
    >People in Canon formums are reporting that the 10D's mirror is prone
    >to falling out,

    People in all forums are reporting that Preddy's brain has fallen out.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, May 30, 2004
  14. Georgette Preddy wrote:

    > People in Canon formums are reporting that the 10D's mirror is prone
    > to falling out, hopefully the cheaper rebel has a somewhat different
    > design.

    The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
    other pseudonyms) has an ungrounded but zealous faith that current
    implementation of the Foveon chip is superior to all other chip
    technologies. He will cite portions of reviews to ostensibly support his
    claims, and will repeat, ad naseum, complete lines of out-of-context
    material, as well as manufacturing some pure bull manure.

    Moreover, "Mr." "Preddy" has claimed to be a photographer (pro!), but
    cannot bring himself to post a single picture with EXIF info that he
    shot himself, in spite of repeated requests and challenges to do so.

    Apparently he loathes anything related to Canon and loves everything
    about Sigma cameras and lenses. His "claims" may be ignored, and he is
    doing Sigma, and anyone related to the Foveon chip, no good at all by
    arousing ire, increasing the N/S ratio, and generally spamming this
    newsgroup.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, May 30, 2004
  15. In article <>, Georgette
    Preddy <> wrote:

    > "wayne" <> wrote in message
    > > I just purchased a Digital Rebel and like the camera but I have noticed that
    > > the Shutter is fairly noisy and has a bit of a thump when taking a picture.
    > > I don't know if this is normal or not. I have the 35mm EOS Rebel body and
    > > it has virtually no shutter noise or thump?
    > >
    > > is this normal or did I get a bad camera?

    > People in Canon formums are reporting that the 10D's mirror is prone
    > to falling out, hopefully the cheaper rebel has a somewhat different
    > design.

    Where in the **** do you make this shit up? I've never heard of
    anybody's mirror falling out regardless of brand in over 37 years of
    doing photography. I've had a 10D for a year now and it's still
    cranking out quality images way beyond what your crappy Smegma could
    come close to.

    Randall Ainsworth, May 30, 2004