    disappointed with the Digital Rebel Kit? Should I pony up for the 10D +
    lens? Should I consider some other camera for a better value? Thanks in
    advance and apologies if this topic has been covered before.

    dude the obscure, Sep 26, 2003

  2. dude the obscure

    Ken Alverson Guest

    "dude the obscure" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am an amateur looking to upgrade from my old Nikon 1MP. Will I be
    > disappointed with the Digital Rebel Kit? Should I pony up for the 10D +
    > lens? Should I consider some other camera for a better value? Thanks in
    > advance and apologies if this topic has been covered before.

    I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed, unless you're part of the plastic =
    suck crowd. If you've ever used Canon film SLRs before, and like the Elan
    interface better than the Rebel interface, you might like the 10D better than
    the Digital Rebel...but maybe not $500 better.

    Image quality between the two should be essentially identical, and is among
    the best you can buy today, outside of a few multi-thousand dollar cameras.
    Much better than any of the non-SLR cameras.

    Ken

    Ken Alverson, Sep 26, 2003

  3. dude the obscure

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Love your handle. The Rebel and the 10D make very similar images, but
    are quite different in use and capability.

    The 10D has a number of advanced features that the Rebel lacks. If you
    intend to or do use those features, the 10D would be a better choice.
    But if terms like Flash Exposure Compensation make your eyes glaze over,
    you might find the Rebel a better fit.

    The difference in price between the 10D and the Rebel could buy a couple
    of nice lenses.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Sep 26, 2003
  4. "dude the obscure" <> wrote in message
    > I am an amateur looking to upgrade from my old Nikon 1MP. Will I be
    > disappointed with the Digital Rebel Kit? Should I pony up for the 10D +
    > lens? Should I consider some other camera for a better value? Thanks in
    > advance and apologies if this topic has been covered before.

    Read a good review at www.dpreview.com. You can also find a very active
    discussion forum there. I have had the Rebel Kit for a week now and also
    had considered the 10D. Both are good cameras. For me, the Rebel was a
    better choice. The camera works great and the advanced features are rich
    enough for my applications.

    Charles Schuler, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Go for the 10D. The Digital Rebel is a mediocre camera and the lens
    that comes with the kit sucks the cum right out of my cock!

    Darius Alexander, Sep 27, 2003
  6. dude the obscure

    Jerry Dycus Guest

    As a Canon dealer who has used and sold both, it is my opinion that,
    for the non- pro (ie, the person who makes a living with his/her
    camera), the 10D is not worth the extra $550.00.

    Jerry Dycus, Sep 27, 2003
  7. dude the obscure

    Oscar Guest

    I love this handle.
    Jude, aka Oscar

    Oscar, Sep 27, 2003
  8. dude the obscure

    MarkH Guest

    (Jerry Dycus) wrote in news:3f7577f2.1759386
    @news.cetlink.net:

    > As a Canon dealer who has used and sold both, it is my opinion that,
    > for the non- pro (ie, the person who makes a living with his/her
    > camera), the 10D is not worth the extra $550.00.

    I have seen prices on the 10D drop recently, the price difference is no
    more than $450 ($1350 for the 10D and $900 for the rebel without lens)

    I think that the 10D might be worth the extra cost, depending on what
    features the buyer values in a camera. I like the 3fps for 9 frames on my
    10D.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Sep 27, 2003
  9. dude the obscure

    Guest

    dude the obscure <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am an amateur looking to upgrade from my old Nikon 1MP. Will I be
    > disappointed with the Digital Rebel Kit? Should I pony up for the 10D +
    > lens? Should I consider some other camera for a better value?

    Maybe Olympus C-5050.

    http://digitcamera.tripod.com/#aperture

    , Sep 28, 2003
  10. dude the obscure

    Neal Matthis Guest

    The C-5050 isn't even an SLR.

    Neal Matthis, Jan 23, 2004
  11. "Neal Matthis" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > I am an amateur looking to upgrade from my old Nikon 1MP. Will I be
    > > > disappointed with the Digital Rebel Kit?

    No, only if you have professional demands

    > > > Should I pony up for the 10D + lens?

    Only if you have some 700$ left, which is the prize difference. If you don't
    need mirror lockup, custom profiles and the full flexibility over the whole
    camera - no, take the Rebel and save a lot of money.

    > > Should I consider some other camera for a better value?
    > >
    > > Maybe Olympus C-5050.

    What do you want? A dSLR or a pocket cam? If you only want to have small cam
    for your pocket to do point-and-shot from time to time, than the Oly C-5050
    or better a even smaller one is okay...

    Manfred Thaler, Jan 23, 2004