    focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    suggestions?

    , May 1, 2006

  2. Pete D Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have the 6.3mp digital rebel, and I am having problems with my auto
    > focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    > suggestions?

    Yes, I suggest that you explain the problem in rather a bit more detail.

    Pete D, May 1, 2006

  3. Celcius Guest

    Hi!
    Do you use the 7 AF points at once?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try using the center one only
    (consult your book and look jup "AF point"). You press the shutter
    halfway while the "point" is on your subject, then you recompose the
    photo and press all the way down.
    Marcel

    Celcius, May 1, 2006
  4. Helen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have the 6.3mp digital rebel, and I am having problems with my auto
    > focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    > suggestions?

    We could start with a suggestion that you define what the problems are.
    Eg, doesn't focus at all, focuses very slowly, front-focuses, back-focuses,
    only focuses on crocuses, etc, etc.

    Helen, May 1, 2006
  5. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:29:49 +1000, Pete D wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I have the 6.3mp digital rebel, and I am having problems with my auto
    >> focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >>

    > Yes, I suggest that you explain the problem in rather a bit more detail.

    There is another way - in the dawn of history we used to perform a ritual
    called manual focus - try this.

    --
    Neil
    Delete 'l' to reply

    Neil Ellwood, May 1, 2006
  6. BD Guest

    Any suggestions?

    Use one lens at a time?

    BD, May 1, 2006
  7. ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 1 May 2006 12:35:40 +0100, Helen the humorous wrote:

    >> I have the 6.3mp digital rebel, and I am having problems with my auto
    >> focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    >> suggestions?

    > We could start with a suggestion that you define what the problems are.
    > Eg, doesn't focus at all, focuses very slowly, front-focuses, back-focuses,
    > only focuses on crocuses, etc, etc.

    What a croc of ( . . . a good suggestion)

    ASAAR, May 1, 2006
  8. Ian Anderson Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 13:24:05 +0100, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:29:49 +1000, Pete D wrote:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>I have the 6.3mp digital rebel, and I am having problems with my auto
    >>> focus. I have two lenses, Canon 18-55 and Canon 70-200. Any
    >>> suggestions?
    >>>

    >> Yes, I suggest that you explain the problem in rather a bit more detail.

    > There is another way - in the dawn of history we used to perform a ritual
    > called manual focus - try this.

    Have you ever tried manually focusing with canons miserable FOV and
    functionally deficient (shit) focusing screens on the 300D to 20D range?
    This leads on to me posting the request for feed back "20D focus
    indicator M42 to EOS" 1/05/06.

    Regards
    ian

    Ian Anderson, May 2, 2006
  9. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 02 May 2006 13:17:18 +0000, Ian Anderson wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 May 2006 13:24:05 +0100, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:29:49 +1000, Pete D wrote:
    >>

    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Yes, I suggest that you explain the problem in rather a bit more detail.

    >> There is another way - in the dawn of history we used to perform a ritual
    >> called manual focus - try this.

    > Have you ever tried manually focusing with canons miserable FOV and
    > functionally deficient (shit) focusing screens on the 300D to 20D range?
    > This leads on to me posting the request for feed back "20D focus
    > indicator M42 to EOS" 1/05/06.
    >
    > Regards
    > ian

    I have a 350D. The way to focus takes a lot longer to describe than to do,
    basically focus just past the plane of sharp focus then back just past it
    again narrowing it down until you have it exact. It is much easier than it
    sounds but it works (as it always has). If I can do it at nearly 74 years
    of age then it is my belief that anyone can with a little practice.

    --
    Neil
    Delete 'l' to reply

    Neil Ellwood, May 2, 2006
  10. Prometheus Guest

    In article <>, Ian Anderson
    <> writes
    >Have you ever tried manually focusing with canons miserable FOV and
    >functionally deficient (shit) focusing screens on the 300D to 20D
    >range?

    I have no problem focusing my 350D manually, the one irritation is the
    narrow focus ring on the lens which is almost an afterthought provided
    for manual use. I much prefer the wider rings on my old system; no risk
    of putting a finger in front, or over, the lens. Having said that the
    auto-focus works well most times.
    --
    Ian G8ILZ

    Prometheus, May 2, 2006
  11. In article <>, Ian Anderson
    <> wrote:

    > Have you ever tried manually focusing with canons miserable FOV and
    > functionally deficient (shit) focusing screens on the 300D to 20D range?
    > This leads on to me posting the request for feed back "20D focus
    > indicator M42 to EOS" 1/05/06.

    It's a shame when cousins marry.

    Randall Ainsworth, May 3, 2006