    should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
    recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

    TIA.
    at, Nov 3, 2003

  2. at

    Ray Fischer Guest

    at)FinancialDataCorp.com (Bob Mariotti <R.Mariotti> wrote:
    >Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
    >$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
    >
    >As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
    >should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
    >recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

    Sure. Canon makes lots of lenses. Got $500 to spend?

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Nov 3, 2003

  3. at

    o\(*¿*\)o Guest

    Keep the 18-55mm it is a great lens for the money. Great for wide angle
    pics. I bought the Canon 75-300mm IS lens for my telephoto and despite the
    sub par reviews it produces excellent pics. The 28-135 IS lens is also a
    great pick. Check out the pics on
    http://dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1031

    o\(*¿*\)o, Nov 3, 2003
  4. at

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    at)FinancialDataCorp.com (Bob Mariotti <R.Mariotti> wrote:
    >Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
    >$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
    >
    >As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
    >should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
    >recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?

    You just made one: the Canon 28-135 USM IS is a pretty decent "walk-around"
    lens.

    I've just purchased a Canon 20-35 USM lens for my 10D, which I'm warming to
    rather quickly, but that's already a smaller zoom range than the kit lens,
    which would seem to be one of your major considerations.
    Chris Brown, Nov 3, 2003
  5. The Canon 17-40L lens is just great.

    I use it on my 10D.

    Pierre

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 03:39:07 GMT, R.Mariotti(at)FinancialDataCorp.com
    (Bob Mariotti) wrote:

    >Considering purchasing the Digital Rebel. I know the 18-55 is onl
    >$100 but it visually appears low-end. My question is:
    >
    >As I would actually prefer something with longer range (ie: 28-135)
    >should I save the $100 and apply it to an alternative? If so, any
    >recommendations that WILL WORK WELL with this camera?
    >
    >TIA.

    Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my email address in the "Email To" window of your program
    if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.
    Pierre Bellavance, Nov 8, 2003