    someone with experience with this lens on a digital.

    TIA for any/all responses

    db
    Doug Bower, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Doug Bower

    Cool As Blu Guest

    http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/browse?id=13007 for samples

    --
    Regards,

    Cool As Blu
    "Doug Bower" <> wrote in message
    news:hy9Cb.4287$...
    > I bought a Digital Rebel a few weeks ago and am so far, very happy with

    it.
    > Now I'm shopping for a tele zoom for it. I've always had Canon SLR's and
    > Canon Digitals, but this is by first Digital SLR. I have a 100-300, but
    > don't like the range on this camera - too long on both ends. I've got the
    > 18-55 'kit' lens, but find myself using my all time favorite 28-105

    f3.5-4.5

    Cool As Blu, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Doug Bower

    PlaneGuy Guest

    I have used this lens extensively on a D30, and can say that it is a winner.

    Advantages over the 75-300 and 100-300 lenses...

    1. Picture quality. sharpness, contrast, colour and flare control are all
    much better
    2. I don't recall the 100-300 too well in this regard, but the 75-300 has
    a rotating front element when focussing, which the 70-200/4 doesn't -> this
    makes useing a circ-pol easy
    3. Autofocus speed - first time you use it and compare it to the 75-300
    and 100-300 you will say WOW!!!
    4. Lets in a little extra light - you get about an extra half stop of
    aperture. I know that one netball venue I shot in, that extra stop was
    critical.
    5. Full time manual focussing - I don't believe that you can take full
    advantage of this on the 300D, but it still lets you turn the focus ring
    while AF is engaged.
    PlaneGuy, Dec 12, 2003